ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:13 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:02 pm 

Hi guys, I would like to know if anyone can help me to extract/translate the texts from this archive https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B24D4L ... p=drivesdk
This archive is from the game Project Zero II for ps2, I can see the texts with an Hex editor, but I can't extract the texts for editing. Anyone can help me to extract/repacking the texts/files of this archive?
The texts in this archive uses relative table, I can see them only with a table chars created by me with the Monkey moore tool, my problem is the extract/repack.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:58 pm 

i translated some ps2 games in some years ago... just with hex!
you need to edit text with hex editor, when i cant edit a open source ps2 file... i used hex... if you cant unpack/repack, just do with hex editor...
for example: i translated prince of persia 2 (playstion 2 version) with hex!
everytime, tool is not a good or faster way... (or those game dont have any tool) you can start translating now with hex or with a some week or day for help...
i waith for help in some week ago for edit mafia1 .gmf
but i didn't find anything.. and i edited in hex for myself, even other old games like resident evil 4. becuse i can not write a script for them... go ahead!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:28 am 

I had started translating
with the hex edit, but the problem is the limited space for inserting bigger words, ex:the translation for the "back" word is "voltar" in my language, this word is bigger in my language, I have experience in editing
pointers, but the img_bd.bin archive has no TOC file, then it's impossible for me
to enter big words in it with
the hex editor without the help of a tool

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:55 pm 

you must edit header of those text file and change number of words to add more space... or find value number of those dialog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:23 pm 

So GHOST DEAD, I've started to translate using only the hex edit, but ins't possible a lot of texts due limited space. The img_bd.bin has no header, I don't know where are storaged the files indexes for the img_bd, I believe it's built into the executable. It seems the TECMO made this game to be impossible to modify / translate or anything else of the type