ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:36 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:20 pm 

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:58 pm
Posts: 7
Image

Hi guys, how are you?
I'm nahucirujano from Argentina.

Today I was attempting to port the Vita official english translation of this game into the PC japanese version (like it was done with Steins;Gate 0).

I'm not a programmer or anything, I'm really noob at this, but I had some free time and gave it a try.
When I say this I mean just replacing files just to see if it worked, haha. I knew that the odds of actually working were really low.

After learning about the files this game uses, MPKs, I successfully extracted script.mpk (using QuickBMS and chaos_child.bms) obtaining 216 .scx files.

The original Vita english script files are also .scx files, and actually, they are the exact same files, except Vita has 1 more, look:

Image

What it really surprised me was the fact that the Vita .scx files are larger than the PC ones.

I tried replacing 1 file to check.
I replaced the first chapter .scx. I successfully reimported script.mpk, now slightly larger due to the replaced file.

The game opened, but as soon as I started a new game, it crashed.
I tried with the system .scx but it didn't even opened.

So, is there any other way to do this?
Any other tool I don't know of?
Some way to manually open and edit .scx files if replacing them makes the size of the .mpk larger?

Here are the original script.mpk file, and both Vita and PC (extracted) .scx files in case somebody would like to check it out by themselves.
Any help will be appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=116RjI42X8hVMFF0RydIiJrBh96rWkQU4

PS: By the way, I tried to do the same with the PS3 version, in this case it has a script.cpk, so I used a CPK Repacker, and again, the output file is much larger and the game doesn't even launch.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:26 pm
Posts: 147
nahucirujano wrote:
After learning about the files this game uses, MPKs, I successfully extracted script.mpk (using QuickBMS and chaos_child.bms) obtaining 216 .scx files.
It's seems that Vita mpk file has a different compression and *.scx files was extracted incorrectly.
Upload the script.mpk file from Vita to check this out.

_________________
Tribo Gamer Brasil


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:09 am 

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:58 pm
Posts: 7
Delutto wrote:
nahucirujano wrote:
After learning about the files this game uses, MPKs, I successfully extracted script.mpk (using QuickBMS and chaos_child.bms) obtaining 216 .scx files.
It's seems that Vita mpk file has a different compression and *.scx files was extracted incorrectly.
Upload the script.mpk file from Vita to check this out.

Thanks for your reply.
The Vita version does not have a script.mpk file, instead it's one folder called script, which contains all 217 .scx files included in my upload.


Attachments:
CC Folder.jpg [136.08 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:45 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:26 pm
Posts: 147
So, I think that Vita scripts are encrypted. I don't know how Vita systems works and can't help you with this, but I read on internet something about Vita file decryption with MaiDumpTool.
The Steam page of the game says that have English subtitles.
Maybe you can ask for help on Clan DLAN.
Good luck hermano.

_________________
Tribo Gamer Brasil


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:03 pm 

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:58 pm
Posts: 7
Delutto wrote:
So, I think that Vita scripts are encrypted.

You were right, those .scx files were encrypted.
I used MaiDumpTool, and somehow, it worked:

Image

The thing is the game crashed near the beggining (after all the intro).
I reverted the game back to Japanese to skip that part. I saved.
I changed back to English, I loaded the game, and a couple of lines after this screenshot moment, the game crashed again.

I guess I should give up, since apart from swapping the files I don't know what else I can do if the game doesn't respond (this must require some knowledge about this engine which I don't have), and if I can't open and edit those .scx files :S


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:04 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:26 pm
Posts: 147
nahucirujano wrote:
You were right, those .scx files were encrypted.
I used MaiDumpTool, and somehow, it worked:
The thing is the game crashed near the beggining (after all the intro).
Well, now we can go on. Game crash with Vita files was expected, will be need export the texts from Vita decrypted *.scx files and import to PC *.scx files.
Delutto wrote:
The Steam page of the game says that have English subtitles.
Are you pretty sure the game isn't yet not localized in English?
Anyway, upload that Vita decrypted *.scx files. Let me see if I can help you.

_________________
Tribo Gamer Brasil


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:06 pm 

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:58 pm
Posts: 7
Delutto wrote:
Delutto wrote:
The Steam page of the game says that have English subtitles.
Are you pretty sure the game isn't yet not localized in English?
Anyway, upload that Vita decrypted *.scx files. Let me see if I can help you.

Yes, I am. The link you provided is for the Anime series. There's no official english release for PC (neither announced yet):
https://vndb.org/v14018
It exists a project, Commite of Zero, but they aren't updating any progress.
They say the project is still alive.
I know, I could simply wait (actually I'm playing this game on my Vita), but still, I wanted to give this a try in case this was just a matter of swapping files, copying and pasting text, replacing, compressing things and the sort, well...

Here are the decrypted .scx Vita files:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17Dzl5jAqjenhdOLhH72Y4YxSvgtAoVxT


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:03 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:26 pm
Posts: 147
nahucirujano wrote:
Yes, I am. The link you provided is for the Anime series.
:lol:
I didn't even know Steam sells anime, sorry for the misunderstand...
Well, there's some obfuscation on texts, probably a char indexes table, I can't help you with this... sorry. :(

_________________
Tribo Gamer Brasil


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:13 pm 

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:58 pm
Posts: 7
Delutto wrote:
nahucirujano wrote:
Yes, I am. The link you provided is for the Anime series.
:lol:
I didn't even know Steam sells anime, sorry for the misunderstand...
Well, there's some obfuscation on texts, probably a char indexes table, I can't help you with this... sorry. :(

Lol, I didn't know either.
Even so, thanks for all :)


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited