After making tools for Overwatch & Black Ops III animations, I decided to try something really hard. So this is the tool for Morpheme animations from Bioshock infinite.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBG65TvtucY
How to use it:
1. extract .morphemeanimset
files from package with gildor's extract
2. use bsi_anim
tool on .morphemeanimsequence
files to convert animations to .SMD
- Use batch command to convert all files at once (for %a in (*.morpheme*) do bsi_anim "%a")
- animsets are needed for skeleton structure and initial pose, so keep them as they are, in a root folder for each animation set.
3. load the corresponding model into editor, load and apply SMD animation to it.
- animations in UE3 are left-handed, so you need to mirror the model or the animation before applying it.
Important notes and restrictions:
- animation type 2 not supported (usually used for short or very simple animations)
- spline rotations not supported (haven't seen any of this type yet)
- in some files you may encounter interpolation problems. I have to time to fix it properly yet, so for now you can add extra parameter to the command line, and this will turn time-expanding off, this will fix the issue.