ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:28 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:44 pm 

After making tools for Overwatch & Black Ops III animations, I decided to try something really hard. So this is the tool for Morpheme animations from Bioshock infinite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBG65TvtucY

How to use it:

1. extract .morphemeanimset and .morphemeanimsequence files from package with gildor's extract tool
2. use bsi_anim tool on .morphemeanimsequence files to convert animations to .SMD
- Use batch command to convert all files at once (for %a in (*.morpheme*) do bsi_anim "%a")
- animsets are needed for skeleton structure and initial pose, so keep them as they are, in a root folder for each animation set.
3. load the corresponding model into editor, load and apply SMD animation to it.
- animations in UE3 are left-handed, so you need to mirror the model or the animation before applying it.

Important notes and restrictions:
- animation type 2 not supported (usually used for short or very simple animations)
- spline rotations not supported (haven't seen any of this type yet)
- in some files you may encounter interpolation problems. I have to time to fix it properly yet, so for now you can add extra parameter to the command line, and this will turn time-expanding off, this will fix the issue.

Attachments:
bsi_anim.rar [10 KiB]
Downloaded 91 times

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:25 pm 

Very cool, thanks you :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:29 pm 

A minor problem detected, which is causing some animations to work incorrectly. This will be fixed in the next version.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:54 pm 

Hello, i dont know if this work is gonna progress anymore but im very interested on this, i love BI and i searchnig for ways to get its stuff, i wish this project keeps going. Thanks, i know i have no right to ask for someting, im just saying it will be awesome haha my english is pretty bad, so im sorry if i said anything wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:17 am 

You must be able to convert most animations with current tools. What else is needed?