i explained that already in this post viewtopic.php?p=19950#p19950
QuickBMS and offzip just extract the data, i used Noesis to open and convert the image data.
I tried it by using noesis, but it can't preview it with a error dialogue box appearing... Any help ?
OK, first I would say thanks to Acewell for introducing a simple way to extract and convert to PNG file. I really loved this game, but I need texture of areas inside it. I need shop sign, poster, anything signs that have unique itself to some places, like Japanese signs in Tokyo, Francais signs in Quebec, or Chinese signs in Macau. I'll give you one example of extracted .DAT files from Macau_sunny.PAK file, maybe you can rip one of them ( not all ), and show the PNG to me here please ?
What I've been done for this until I get error :
1. Using QuickBMS to extract Macau_sunny.pak file inside to "Extract" folder.
2. Copy "00000019.dat" file inside AC00 folder ( in Extract folder ) to Offzip folder.
3. Then running offzip to extract 00000019.dat file, but return error ( see "Error using offzip.png" attachment ). Dunno why, so I pick another example.
4. Now, I using the same way from step 1 to AlfaRomeo_SZ.pak_hrd file.
5. Copy "00000000.dat" file inside SCNE folder ( in Extract folder ) to Offzip folder.
6. Then running offzip to extract 00000000.dat file, it success now ( see "Offzip success for 00000000.dat file.png" attachment ).
7. Now, opening Noesis to convert by using batch process from .DAT to .PNG file, it also can't see the preview.
8. It don't doing anything, says "Nothing was exported" ( see "batch process.png" attachment ).
9. It just created an empty folder with the same name as the batch file, but no PNG or any file inside it ( see "batch result.png" attachment ).
OK, that's it. I don't know how to make it converted as yours to PNG file. I also attach these file ( "00000019.dat" and "00000000.dat" ) to here, maybe you can try to see these files until it converted to PNG like yours before please ? If you success try it, can you explain again step by step to me what I'm doing wrong before, so next I can do it by myself. Thank you.
I just need a confirmation if this .DAT file can be ripped and I can see some signs of the area in this file...