ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:37 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:35 am 

I extracted car model files with Noesis with plugins, Noesis can view the 3D model, but I want to edit this. What should I do? This is a ".dat" and I want to convert this file to ".z3d"
Note: Noesis not opening model file, opening model header and view model file.
I can't upload the Noesis plugin, because It's ".py" :(

Attachments:
File comment: This is the model header file.
BB BB AD 6C.dat [1.73 KiB]
Downloaded 9 times
File comment: This is the model file.
BB BB AD 6C_model.dat [49.5 KiB]
Downloaded 8 times

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:49 pm 

Before opening your model, convert the textures to .dds. Now, after opening the model in Noesis using the burnout plugin, click in File>Export, choose the main output type as .obj. Also check the option flip UV's and use the advanced options -objmtl

Now open ZModeler2 and go in File>Import and then find your .obj file and click import. After importing you can save your model (it will get the extension .z3d). If there are some missing texture in your model, you can add the textures path in ZModeler search list (Options>Settings>Services>Textures>Add), it's useful to put the generic textures folder in this list.

I don't know if someone else has made I plugin to export directly from Noesis to ZModeler (.z3d).

PS: ZModeler version 2.2.5 and newer has obj importer.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:01 pm 

DGIorio, where I can find noesis plugin for BP .dat models?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:39 am 

Tosyk wrote:
DGIorio, where I can find noesis plugin for BP .dat models?

Hi Tosyk

I'm still working in the noesis plugins, but I think they are in a good state to release.
I've been making an unpacker (PC/XBOX/PS3) and a packer (PC) tool. I also made a model viewer and texture viewer for PC version. The scripts need to be put in the folder "Noesis\plugins\python" and put the two generic folders (textures and models) in main Noesis folder (Noesis\). Also it's better to put Noesis in some folder without spaces in the path (like C:\Noesis).

For opening models, you can click in the files without "_model" that are inside the folder "0C_00_00_00" or click in the file inside the folder "06_00_01_00" to open all models together and in their positions. For city models (TRK_UNITs) the main file is in the folder "23_00_00_00".
For opening textures, you can click in the files without "_texture" that are inside the folder "00_00_00_00". It's possible to the noesis batch-process to convert the textures to .dds.

Burnout Paradise Generic textures and models:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1NgOi ... sp=sharing

PS: before opening the models it's good to first convert the textures to .dds, so when exporting to obj the textures can be found.

Attachments:
BP Plugins.rar [8.41 KiB]
Downloaded 17 times