ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:15 pm 

Hello, I just found this website, I asked some questions in xentax but since I really want to do this I figure I should also ask in here.
I have been able to extract models from a game Road Trip Adventure, using a BMS script from AceWell, using a .maxscript from killercracker to open the subfiles generated, however for each car there is a file .bin that cannot be opened, which is most likely a texture(quoting acewell "archives with a series of paletted image data, no offset table.") , I analyzed a lot of game files and I have come to the suspition that this lattest file is the same/has the same header as a proprietary .GSL.

https://we.tl/hI78RrsTHO
Using this link, you can use the .BMS script to extract files from Q01 and C00. You can open each subfiles with the .maxscript.
https://imgur.com/a/sBrW1

My question is if someone can help me open/extract files from the result of applying .BMS in Q01, 7.dat(the last one)/and the .GSL file. I compared it to the .GSL and it seems the same structure.

The second question is if someone has any tip to viewing C00 file, since it works but the model is not how it would be supposed to look, I have looked into the .maxscript and changing some variables, but honestly its too advanced for me.

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:42 pm 

ehh. what is it that you need? can you handle hex searching? cause i'm having trouble figuring a generally simple and compatible solution. i hate f*cked headers, and those are multiple. damn. :x

so far, the Meter file are definetely just a gauge hud and a needle graphic. i consider this 'not useful' to the car model.

the Cxx seems to be a racetrack data file. ofc it' may not load the same way as the car does. I can't help with that modelling stuff. i don't use 3dsmax. the textures are a bit stream of files which gotta be sorted and figured out the width and height and format, which i can't do cause it's a f*cked version of the header.

the Qxx is a car file with obviously vertex colors and just a detail texture file, which... here's the kicker... you may have to extract with Console Texture Explorer. to find the data offsets in the files you have to search for the modified "tim header" whatever. signature '0x06041210' or '0x06081210' and perhaps more. the problem is, it doesn't have width and height (which is not perhaps but not generally computable among the 3 different version of those headers present). but... you could 'safely' guess it. power of two style. the header is immediately followed by the index data. then followed by another tim header for the palette and the palette itself, which seems to decode just fine for the car example. the viewer also got a alpha mode to get that channel.

i hope it helps atleast a lil bit. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:27 pm 

Yes this helps a lot(even in terms of motivation). To answer your questions optimally I would like to have the information about the textures of each car(looking at your image post) it looks like it, better understanding of .GSL files (the meter one), and better extraction of the track models.

The meter file is unrelated to the car itself, I noticed .GSL files and the last file from Q01 had a similar structure, so I figured I should include it.

This last part you wrote I will need to study this more, but judging by the images it's very good progress( the Q01 is basically the texture to the car (lights and a bit back (01- http://choroq.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Bo ... oro-Q_HG_2) , the meter file awesome also, and the track file looks like texture used in some objects in the track race(walls,scenery details))

Thanks for the help!

Edit: The extraction on the C00 file, may have need to re-extract the 2.dat result since this is probably a achive file. Im trying to view some tutorials with .maxscript but still I did not opened it properly yet. thanks