ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:17 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:44 pm 

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:30 pm
Posts: 49
Hello, I'm looking for tools that can extract sounds from the game. I saw a lot of posts about this but they are 2 years old and I haven't seen any tool that would extract the sounds.

Another problem is that I do not know where the sounds are located in the game folder and also I don't know what Dying Light uses as the audio file format.

I'm specifically looking for the Volatile audio as well as ambient roars.

Thanks in advance!


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:12 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:58 pm
Posts: 148
Any example?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:25 am 

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:25 am
Posts: 101
Dying Light uses FMOD. Audio can be found in:

Dying Light\DW\Data
Dying Light\DW\SpeechEn\Data

Pretty sure the audio files are in an archive container with the file extension ".csb"

You need to split the .csb archives into individual .fsb files using something like VGMToolbox's Advanced Cutter/Offset finder.

Then you can use id-daemon's tool available on this forum to convert them into .wav


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:58 pm 

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:30 pm
Posts: 49
brendan19 wrote:
Dying Light uses FMOD. Audio can be found in:

Dying Light\DW\Data
Dying Light\DW\SpeechEn\Data

Pretty sure the audio files are in an archive container with the file extension ".csb"

You need to split the .csb archives into individual .fsb files using something like VGMToolbox's Advanced Cutter/Offset finder.

Then you can use id-daemon's tool available on this forum to convert them into .wav

I found the tools but I have no clue how to use the advanced cutter.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:48 pm 

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:25 am
Posts: 101
VGMToolbox > Misc. Tools > Extraction Tools > Generic > Advanced Cutter/Offset Finder

Copy the settings I've got in the picture below and then drag and drop any of the .csb files on the "Files to Search" box in the top left hand corner.

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:28 pm 

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:30 pm
Posts: 49
brendan19 wrote:
VGMToolbox > Misc. Tools > Extraction Tools > Generic > Advanced Cutter/Offset Finder

Copy the settings I've got in the picture below and then drag and drop any of the .csb files on the "Files to Search" box in the top left hand corner.

Image

nice, thanks, it worked


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:28 pm 

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:30 pm
Posts: 49
By the way, is there a way to extract the models and textures as well?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:27 am 

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:25 am
Posts: 101
There might be a way but I really do not know.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:59 am 

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:30 pm
Posts: 49
brendan19 wrote:
There might be a way but I really do not know.

ah okay


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:41 pm 

Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:34 pm
Posts: 2
Which sound banks did you use? I've tried extracting the ogg samples from all_in_maps but none of them had headers.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:13 pm 

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:25 am
Posts: 101
Get QuickBMS and use the Dying Light BMS script on the .csb archives to split them up into their individual .fsb files with proper filenames.

Dying Light uses FSB IMA-ADPCM, not FSB vorbis. This can be played/converted using the latest version of vgmstream or you can use id-daemon's tool on this forum which can also transcode them into WAV like vgmstream can as well.


Anything with the file extension .csb contains audio data.

The .csb audio archives can be found in these folders:

Dying Light\DW\Data
Dying Light\DW\SpeechEn\Data
Dying Light\DW_DLC16\Data
Dying Light\DW_DLC17\Data

Hope this helped :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:01 pm 

Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:34 pm
Posts: 2
Thank you very much, it worked perfectly :)


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited