ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:00 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:04 pm 

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:52 am
Posts: 32
Hello everyone!
I am trying to extract files from new SWBF II (it is now in Trial), but unfortunately extraction tools for SWBF 2015 (https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=13145) aren't working. I am especially looking for localization files.

Could anyone look at it?

You can download the game files there (it is with first cas file in each folder only):
https://mega.nz/#F!vE8zibqK!-6prGm6e0IFS6ZaUwFmEzg

Thank you very much!
Godxon


Last edited by Godxon 1 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:13 am 

Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 1:10 am
Posts: 10
I would suggest deleting all .cas files except one (eg. cas_01.cas). That should cut down the size considerably if you just want someone to look at its structure without the extra baggage.


Last edited by coredevel on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:22 am 

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:36 pm
Posts: 27
i don't have and don't wanna have hdd space to dump easily 60+ gigs of vomit again. you could try to fux with the frosty editor.

https://github.com/GalaxyEham/FrostyToo ... 1.0.3alpha (it got no source code to develop more extraction tho - useless fella)

it apparently works with the fifa config tho. i got no clue or can ask anybody that knows howto make it work. profiles are locked down. it's all locked down to me. you should ask corra_ashu or badhorse on facepunch. they extract swbf2 stuff. maybe they can help you.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:56 am 

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:52 am
Posts: 32
episoder wrote:
i don't have and don't wanna have hdd space to dump easily 60+ gigs of vomit again. you could try to fux with the frosty editor.

https://github.com/GalaxyEham/FrostyToo ... 1.0.3alpha (it got no source code to develop more extraction tho - useless fella)

it apparently works with the fifa config tho. i got no clue or can ask anybody that knows howto make it work. profiles are locked down. it's all locked down to me. you should ask corra_ashu or badhorse on facepunch. they extract swbf2 stuff. maybe they can help you.


I will try to contact them ;). And I will game without cas file later.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:53 pm 

Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 1:10 am
Posts: 10
episoder wrote:
i don't have and don't wanna have hdd space to dump easily 60+ gigs of vomit again. you could try to fux with the frosty editor.

https://github.com/GalaxyEham/FrostyToo ... 1.0.3alpha (it got no source code to develop more extraction tho - useless fella)

it apparently works with the fifa config tho. i got no clue or can ask anybody that knows howto make it work. profiles are locked down. it's all locked down to me. you should ask corra_ashu or badhorse on facepunch. they extract swbf2 stuff. maybe they can help you.


I've used Frosty Editor before. It lets you browse, but it won't let you export any raw files, which makes it useless for my purposes. Basically, I need a dumper, not a browser.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:58 pm 

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:52 am
Posts: 32
coredevel wrote:
50 GB! Sorry, my cable connection is too slow for that. The entire game doesn't need to be posted.

I would suggest deleting all .cas files except one (eg. cas_01.cas). That should cut down the size considerably if you just want someone to look at its structure without the extra baggage.

Hello,
here is the game without unwanted files:
https://mega.nz/#F!vE8zibqK!-6prGm6e0IFS6ZaUwFmEzg

It still has 11 GB, but you can download only some files.

Thank you for help!


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:06 am
Posts: 350
i don't see any cas/cat files in your new open sample upload, or is it only in the rar file?
maybe should leave original links up too so all samples are available to those who will download it.

i think this game deserves own bms script rather than trying to shoehorn it into the frostbite script,
this way is easier to update it if something changes in the file structure later. :)

edit
i suppose we could convert the last working python script to bms and update the compression type :D

_________________
Quickbms.com link thread
Search bms scripts


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:51 am 

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:36 pm
Posts: 27
aluigi got a script with an embedded zstd dll already. got it from somewhere i forgot. :D

you think you could do it? i'm still looking into this files like an idiot. sb got folders. toc got nuts but vur files. levels got more sb files seperated. i'd like to load one of those. the chunks.toc is the whole chunk 'folder'. i don't have and want that. dunno where the compression starts either yet. some of the bits in the cas are uncompressed. those the chunk 'headers'? and not to forget this ebx duplication, whatever that is good for. i'm just tryna avoid the whole chunks folder. selective extraction. goals to high for me perhaps. :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:38 am 

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:52 am
Posts: 32
Acewell wrote:
i don't see any cas/cat files in your new open sample upload, or is it only in the rar file?
maybe should leave original links up too so all samples are available to those who will download it.

i think this game deserves own bms script rather than trying to shoehorn it into the frostbite script,
this way is easier to update it if something changes in the file structure later. :)

edit
i suppose we could convert the last working python script to bms and update the compression type :D

Hey Acewell,
cas/cat files are in data/win32/installation and patch/win32/installation folders. It is in both rar and non-rar folder.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:47 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 7111
episoder wrote:
aluigi got a script with an embedded zstd dll already. got it from somewhere i forgot. :D

That dll has been compiled from the current (9 October 2017) source code of zstd and includes the legacy algorithms too: http://aluigi.org/bms/zstd.dll


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited