ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:08 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 12 Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:14 am 

I'm trying to use the dumpsc.py script on the latest APK for Clash of Clans (com.supercell.clashofclans_v8.709.24-844_Android-4.0.3.apk) to try and extract ui_tex.sc, and it is failing with the following message:
Quote:
$ python3.5 ~/dumpsc.py ui_tex.sc
ui_tex.sc
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/eric/dumpsc.py", line 129, in <module>
process_sc(baseName, data[26:], path)
File "/home/eric/dumpsc.py", line 52, in process_sc
decompressed = lzma.LZMADecompressor().decompress(data)
_lzma.LZMAError: Input format not supported by decoder

But, it does work on some of the other files (info_babydragon_tex.sc for example).

I'll attach a ZIP containing the offending file. Can anybody help me extract the assets from it and convert them to PNG? It would be a bonus if the appropriate graphics could be extracted individually (with the polygons masked out, etc.), but I'll do that work manually if I have to.

EDIT: I tried the "Magic Editor" in the previous thread (in a VM of course), and it seems to work: it offers much more functionality than dumpsc.py including the ability to parse the information (the regular .sc file that ISN'T _tex.sc) about polygons and export resources and so on. However, it fails on the above files as well.

EDIT #2: I have come to the conclusion that it is simply a decompression problem--it seems that Supercell has switched to LZHAM compression, and I've downloaded the source code from richgel999's GitHub and compiled a test application, applied the header corrections from dumpsc.py to the target file (along with changing the first four bytes to 'LZH0') and I have successfully decompressed ui_tex.sc. I will post more information as I come across it.

EDIT #3: Success WITH BOTH FILES! I chopped the first 26 bytes from the beginning of each and added 4 bytes of 0x00 at position 9 (thanks for that info, dumpsc.py), altered the first four bytes to read "LZH0" in ASCII, ran them through the LZHAM test program which I compiled on Ubuntu 17.04 to decompress them without a problem, then loaded up the uncompressed files in Barbarianland's Magic Editor. The results are extremely satisfying. I can directly export any UI asset in the game, with full polygon, masking, and alpha channel support. It makes my custom Discord emojis look dope. Here's a screenshot for the curious:

Thanks to @aluigi, @barbossa42, and @Mr Hacker for helping me make this happen. If/when I publish this amateur fankit (don't want to run into Supercell's legal teams... :D), I'll post a link here.

Attachments:
ui_tex.zip [3.92 MiB]
Downloaded 228 times

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:50 pm 

eslindsey wrote:
I'm trying to use the dumpsc.py script on the latest APK for Clash of Clans (com.supercell.clashofclans_v8.709.24-844_Android-4.0.3.apk) to try and extract ui_tex.sc, and it is failing with the following message:
Quote:
$ python3.5 ~/dumpsc.py ui_tex.sc
ui_tex.sc
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/eric/dumpsc.py", line 129, in <module>
process_sc(baseName, data[26:], path)
File "/home/eric/dumpsc.py", line 52, in process_sc
decompressed = lzma.LZMADecompressor().decompress(data)
_lzma.LZMAError: Input format not supported by decoder

But, it does work on some of the other files (info_babydragon_tex.sc for example).

I'll attach a ZIP containing the offending file. Can anybody help me extract the assets from it and convert them to PNG? It would be a bonus if the appropriate graphics could be extracted individually (with the polygons masked out, etc.), but I'll do that work manually if I have to.

EDIT: I tried the "Magic Editor" in the previous thread (in a VM of course), and it seems to work: it offers much more functionality than dumpsc.py including the ability to parse the information (the regular .sc file that ISN'T _tex.sc) about polygons and export resources and so on. However, it fails on the above files as well.

EDIT #2: I have come to the conclusion that it is simply a decompression problem--it seems that Supercell has switched to LZHAM compression, and I've downloaded the source code from richgel999's GitHub and compiled a test application, applied the header corrections from dumpsc.py to the target file (along with changing the first four bytes to 'LZH0') and I have successfully decompressed ui_tex.sc. I will post more information as I come across it.

EDIT #3: Success WITH BOTH FILES! I chopped the first 26 bytes from the beginning of each and added 4 bytes of 0x00 at position 9 (thanks for that info, dumpsc.py), altered the first four bytes to read "LZH0" in ASCII, ran them through the LZHAM test program which I compiled on Ubuntu 17.04 to decompress them without a problem, then loaded up the uncompressed files in Barbarianland's Magic Editor. The results are extremely satisfying. I can directly export any UI asset in the game, with full polygon, masking, and alpha channel support. It makes my custom Discord emojis look dope. Here's a screenshot for the curious:

Thanks to @aluigi, @barbossa42, and @Mr Hacker for helping me make this happen. If/when I publish this amateur fankit (don't want to run into Supercell's legal teams... :D), I'll post a link here.

You're problem is lzma decompression for ui_tex ( i don't really understand all) ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:22 pm 

Can QuickBms Encrypt the sc files?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:47 pm 

CookieKing24 wrote:
Can QuickBms Encrypt the sc files?

I think No

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:51 pm 

oh ok

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:52 pm 

but do you know how to encrypt a sc file?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:08 pm 

CookieKing24 wrote:

Yeah that's pretty easy for Clash Royale sc , for some COC Sc this is a little bit more difficult (LZHAM compression)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:10 pm 

CookieKing24 wrote:

But do you mean re-encrypt tex.sc(Png -> Tex.sc) or just recompress with LZMÀ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:01 pm 

Yes thats What i mean

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:09 pm 

Greetings, members of the forum! I was able to convert sc to png and vice versa png to sc. Only now there was one problem: when I put the edited files in the application, it crashes when opened. How then do I replace the original with a fake?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:32 pm 

Ahah so you failed, is your application crash because of the new texture or because you forgot to sign it ?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:39 am 

Moon Arts wrote:
Ahah so you failed, is your application crash because of the new texture or because you forgot to sign it ?

App crash because i load a new tex to apk with WinRar & with program for mobile "Apk editor".

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:41 am 

Moon Arts wrote:

How I can load my own texture?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:31 pm 

peacemaker_of_war wrote:
Moon Arts wrote:

After re-build your APK with modded texture have you re-sign it ?

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:35 pm 

GaLaXy1036 wrote:
peacemaker_of_war wrote:
Moon Arts wrote:

After re-build your APK with modded texture have you re-sign it ?

How to sign it?

Speak directly, how do I embed the texture in the application, sign it and run it without crashing?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:06 am 

Quote:
Speak directly, how do I embed the texture in the application, sign it and run it without crashing?

Just sign it with ApkTool Advanced by bdfreak, But i think you decompile the application dont do that just open it with 7zip or winrar and drop your modded texture in sc directory

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:58 pm 

GaLaXy1036 wrote:
Quote:

Just sign it with ApkTool Advanced by bdfreak, But i think you decompile the application dont do that just open it with 7zip or winrar and drop your modded texture in sc directory

I don't know how to use this program

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:03 pm 

Dude, you need to learn by yourself, stop asking for everything

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:52 am 

Watch this
https://youtu.be/Y6yl7nZRI-8

Before supercell makes it down

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:20 am 

DARK DYNAMO wrote:
Watch this
https://youtu.be/Y6yl7nZRI-8

Before supercell makes it down

Remove it plz

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 12 Next