ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:54 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:40 am 

Hi guys, yesterday I already doing unpack for .STREAM2 file in Project Gotham Racing 4 game for Xbox 360. I'm using Quickbms and Project_Gotham_4.bms script provided by aluigi ( thanks to him ). But, the script return me to do offzip -a first to dump this file so I can extract the content inside this file ( see "Error in BMS Script to using offzip.png" in attachment ).

So, I returned to offzip. I already using all commands from extract zlib ( offzip -a ) until offzip -z -15 and offzip -z 15, but returns error that this stream2 file is not in zip format ( see "Error offzip -a.png", "Error offzip -z -15.png", and "Error offzip -z 15.png" in attachment ). Command offzip using -z 15 or -z -15 just give the same name file in .STREAM2 format with no size ( 0 KB ).

Last night, I contacted aluigi about this. He suggest me to do a scan zlib on it. So, I returned again to offzip and do the scan. I already doing scan, either by using offzip -S and offzip -S -x -Q, but the result is no valid full zip data found ( see "Error offzip -S.png" and "Error offzip -S -x -Q.png" in attachment ). He just tell me if probably my .STREAM2 file is not containing zlib data. If this is the reason, then how I can unpack this .STREAM2 file ? I just need textures inside it, not model or geometry... Can anyone help me please ? Thank you.

If you interest to help me, here I upload that .STREAM2 file into Mega. You can download it via link below :
https://mega.nz/#!zwVREYjK!veD0xpoJc9708PG32g1Rr2oqXJ7c34H4ojpbpk8tjn8

~~~~~~~~~~
Regards

Attachments:
Error offzip -S -x -Q.png [9.08 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Error offzip -S.png [15.14 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Error offzip -z 15.png [12.95 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Error offzip -z -15.png [12.97 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Error offzip -a.png [16.98 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Error in BMS Script to using offzip.png [17.94 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:17 am 
Site Admin

The developers use a different compression algorithm for this stream2 archive.
I don't know what's the algorithm and the format is a mess.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:41 am 

aluigi wrote:
The developers use a different compression algorithm for this stream2 archive.
I don't know what's the algorithm and the format is a mess.

No problem, I'll be waiting for you. Don't be so fast, you can keep the file. Then, maybe you can studying the file structure first, see the possible decompression algorithm. I know it maybe will took a long long time, but I'll be waiting since I need the Macau textures inside it. No other racing games can compare into this game. Especially for Macau track. I have been rip some similar games with PGR 4 ( Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Ride 2 and Race Pro - still on going ). But none of them have complex textures like PGR 4 in Macau track. Even Ride 2 game don't have any signs ( just small sign textures ) some of textures have been edited and the sign's only a blank color replacement with no Chinese or Portuguese that must be there.

I beg of you for this mega project. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:35 am 
Site Admin

No compression and no format = no script.
There will be no updates or additional work from me.
If someone will provide the necessary information and algorithm, I will be more than happy to write a script.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:50 pm 

aluigi wrote:
No compression and no format = no script.
There will be no updates or additional work from me.
If someone will provide the necessary information and algorithm, I will be more than happy to write a script.

Hey Aluigi, I opened new thread for another game. Maybe you can help me out. http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4857