ZenHAX
http://zenhax.com/

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) - How to extract files?
http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6948
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Godxon 1 [ Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) - How to extract files?

Hello everyone!
I am trying to extract files from new SWBF II (it is now in Trial), but unfortunately extraction tools for SWBF 2015 (https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=13145) aren't working. I am especially looking for localization files.

Could anyone look at it?

You can download the game files there (it is with first cas file in each folder only):
https://mega.nz/#F!vE8zibqK!-6prGm6e0IFS6ZaUwFmEzg

Thank you very much!
Godxon

Author:  coredevel [ Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) - How to extract files?

I would suggest deleting all .cas files except one (eg. cas_01.cas). That should cut down the size considerably if you just want someone to look at its structure without the extra baggage.

Author:  episoder [ Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) - How to extract files?

i don't have and don't wanna have hdd space to dump easily 60+ gigs of vomit again. you could try to fux with the frosty editor.

https://github.com/GalaxyEham/FrostyToo ... 1.0.3alpha (it got no source code to develop more extraction tho - useless fella)

it apparently works with the fifa config tho. i got no clue or can ask anybody that knows howto make it work. profiles are locked down. it's all locked down to me. you should ask corra_ashu or badhorse on facepunch. they extract swbf2 stuff. maybe they can help you.

Author:  Godxon 1 [ Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) - How to extract files?

episoder wrote:
i don't have and don't wanna have hdd space to dump easily 60+ gigs of vomit again. you could try to fux with the frosty editor.

https://github.com/GalaxyEham/FrostyToo ... 1.0.3alpha (it got no source code to develop more extraction tho - useless fella)

it apparently works with the fifa config tho. i got no clue or can ask anybody that knows howto make it work. profiles are locked down. it's all locked down to me. you should ask corra_ashu or badhorse on facepunch. they extract swbf2 stuff. maybe they can help you.


I will try to contact them ;). And I will game without cas file later.

Author:  coredevel [ Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) - How to extract files?

episoder wrote:
i don't have and don't wanna have hdd space to dump easily 60+ gigs of vomit again. you could try to fux with the frosty editor.

https://github.com/GalaxyEham/FrostyToo ... 1.0.3alpha (it got no source code to develop more extraction tho - useless fella)

it apparently works with the fifa config tho. i got no clue or can ask anybody that knows howto make it work. profiles are locked down. it's all locked down to me. you should ask corra_ashu or badhorse on facepunch. they extract swbf2 stuff. maybe they can help you.


I've used Frosty Editor before. It lets you browse, but it won't let you export any raw files, which makes it useless for my purposes. Basically, I need a dumper, not a browser.

Author:  Godxon 1 [ Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) - How to extract files?

coredevel wrote:
50 GB! Sorry, my cable connection is too slow for that. The entire game doesn't need to be posted.

I would suggest deleting all .cas files except one (eg. cas_01.cas). That should cut down the size considerably if you just want someone to look at its structure without the extra baggage.

Hello,
here is the game without unwanted files:
https://mega.nz/#F!vE8zibqK!-6prGm6e0IFS6ZaUwFmEzg

It still has 11 GB, but you can download only some files.

Thank you for help!

Author:  Acewell [ Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) - How to extract files?

i don't see any cas/cat files in your new open sample upload, or is it only in the rar file?
maybe should leave original links up too so all samples are available to those who will download it.

i think this game deserves own bms script rather than trying to shoehorn it into the frostbite script,
this way is easier to update it if something changes in the file structure later. :)

edit
i suppose we could convert the last working python script to bms and update the compression type :D

Author:  episoder [ Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) - How to extract files?

aluigi got a script with an embedded zstd dll already. got it from somewhere i forgot. :D

you think you could do it? i'm still looking into this files like an idiot. sb got folders. toc got nuts but vur files. levels got more sb files seperated. i'd like to load one of those. the chunks.toc is the whole chunk 'folder'. i don't have and want that. dunno where the compression starts either yet. some of the bits in the cas are uncompressed. those the chunk 'headers'? and not to forget this ebx duplication, whatever that is good for. i'm just tryna avoid the whole chunks folder. selective extraction. goals to high for me perhaps. :)

Author:  Godxon 1 [ Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) - How to extract files?

Acewell wrote:
i don't see any cas/cat files in your new open sample upload, or is it only in the rar file?
maybe should leave original links up too so all samples are available to those who will download it.

i think this game deserves own bms script rather than trying to shoehorn it into the frostbite script,
this way is easier to update it if something changes in the file structure later. :)

edit
i suppose we could convert the last working python script to bms and update the compression type :D

Hey Acewell,
cas/cat files are in data/win32/installation and patch/win32/installation folders. It is in both rar and non-rar folder.

Author:  aluigi [ Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) - How to extract files?

episoder wrote:
aluigi got a script with an embedded zstd dll already. got it from somewhere i forgot. :D

That dll has been compiled from the current (9 October 2017) source code of zstd and includes the legacy algorithms too: http://aluigi.org/bms/zstd.dll

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/