ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:44 am 

EDIT: Looks like CriPakGUI, the tool I used to extract the cpks, is just doing something wrong here. I tried some other cpk extractors and the extracted files look ok.
Hi,

I was looking at the files of the game 428: Shibuya Scramble for the Wii. Most of the files are encrypted. But at the end of each file there is a part that is not encrypted. This part seem to be the first 256 bytes of the original file. See:

At 0xC is a pointer (little endian) that points to the end of the encrypted file (0x01D0 + 0x10 (header size maybe) = 0x01E0). The orignial file is a TPL (image) with the identifier "00 20 AF 30".

Any idea how to decrypt this?

Attachments:
enc.zip [33.32 KiB]
Downloaded 17 times

Last edited by RetroHelix on Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:37 pm 

Looks like the data is not encrypted but compressed... Luckily there are some uncompressed files on the disc and I was able to find an uncompressed and a compressed version of the same file. When I did a comtypescan with quickbms I got mostly garbage but there was one compressiontype which was able to extract at least a small part right. With comtype 629 COMP_LZW_STELLAR7 the string "DUMMY_LABEL" was extracted correctly:

For the archiveformat:
long unk #always 0x0000
long unk #always 0x0000
SIZE long
ZSIZE long

Can anyone make sense of this?

Attachments:
files.zip [3.14 KiB]
Downloaded 9 times

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Probably that "DUMMY_LABEL" comes from your memory, that's quite normal with wrong compression algorithms that read data outside their buffers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:02 pm 

aluigi wrote:
Probably that "DUMMY_LABEL" comes from your memory, that's quite normal with wrong compression algorithms that read data outside their buffers.

I see. Thanks for the information :)