ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:24 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:23 pm 

Good day everyone, once again I find myself (slightly) stuck in VGM ripping procedure and woudn't mind some help from you folks. The general task is to unpack an audio bank and preferably make some use of a companion index (?) file.

Here're samples: the beginning and ending of a huge sound archive (bgm.stw), aforementioned index file (namely bgm.sth) and a snippet from the latter (sort of tracklist I tried to make). As you can see there should be 230 streams contained in bgm.stw but only 224 wave tracks (taking 462 MB out of 465) are in plain sight so that simple scanners for typical formats won't do. I really hope there's a way to unpack all contents of said bigfile and I'd welcome any solution you can come up with even if those remaining 6 tracks will be unplayable/headerless.

So is it possible to create some BMS for extraction of bgm.stw with automatic renaming of streams (using bgm.sth obviously)? I'll be sincerely grateful to anyone who's able to help me out!
Best regards!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:31 pm 

(no message)

Last edited by Mygoshi on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

http://aluigi.org/bms/breakdown_strmpk.bms

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:57 am 

@Mygoshi: Of course not, why would he even need a pseudonym? I'm JBTND from FFS Forums or Ultrafighter from HCS Forum if you're curious. Granted I try and come up with a completely different username any time I register somewhere but it doesn't mean I'm hiding anything...

@Luigi: Thanks! I've already tested most extracted streams and haven't stumbled upon any headerless ones yet. Great work as usual!
Cheers!