ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:10 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:24 am 

so i extracted the psvita files for Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates and came across a bunch of .pac files. considering this game was made by Compile Heart i thought i would be able to extract them using the pack extractor for the neptunia games but it says that the file format is unsupported. so i'm making this post here to ask if there are any other pac extractors for compile heart games or if one can be made for this game's pac files.

here is a link to one of the pac files so anyone can take a look at it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QQIcOH ... sp=sharing

thanks in advance

Post subject: blank header in hex
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:13 pm 

there's a PAC file i want to open for Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates, a game made by the same studio that made the neptunia rebirth games, but the neptunia bms scripts don't work for it. it might be because this game was released in 2016 and has a changed format or something. i tried using a hex editor to look at the starting first letters of the hex so i could search for a script on the quickbms site, but it start's off blank with only dots, not something i can search for. what should i do in this situation?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

I don't think it's a known archive and probably it's not an archive at all, it looks like a sort of 3d model (float numbers, "MODEL", _chara_hair and so on)