ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 2:20 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:47 pm 

Good day everyone, may I ask you to inspect some rather curious bigfile format? My sample pack contains 2 untouched pairs of *.mbx/*.msx & start/end of the biggest MSX bank (it probably has 90 or 95% of BGM in it). Oh and respective MSX file for that enormous MSX file is also included.
Actually there're multiple pairs of MBX & MSX files, smaller ones and bigger ones, in audio folder. The former have filelist in the very end while the latter contain (presumably) individual stream headers (might be typical Xbox ADPCM) in the beginning, then filelist again (this time with extensions though), short section with just zeroes and finally headerless data (I guess so).
Do you suppose that such archives can be unpacked with some script? It doesn't appear to be as hard as in RLH case to me but possibly there're some difficulties here too. Anyway please post ITT if you've got any progress with these files or even working BMS.
Good luck! So long!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:01 am 
Site Admin

http://aluigi.org/bms/midway_msx.bms

The mbx files seem not necessary, better for us :)
The output files are immediately ready to play with all headers and stuff (xbox adpcm codec).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:05 am 

Nicely done man, this script worked perfectly on all the streams inside those MSX archives and no MBX counterparts were ever required!
Bye and thanks again, your work is highly appreciated!

Edit: I wasn't sure it's worth creating a new thread so that I decided to ask here instead: may you tweak your BMS a bit to make it work with another game by the same company, namely Mortal kombat: Deception? Here you can find the samples: they're similar to Psi-ops files but I don't see any filenames in neither *.mbx nor *.msx.
Best regards!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:31 pm 

Hi Luigi, may you look into example files from MK6 for Xbox which I posted above? I hope I'm not making a major offense not starting a separate topic for this title but it's relevant to midway_msx.bms so that I thought my request would also fit in here.
Later!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

Script 0.1.1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:43 pm 

Thank you so much! Apparently it's also compatible with all MK Armageddon MSX archives (Xbox version).
Till next time!