ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:15 pm 

Game: Buffy The Vampire Slayer, 2002 (XBOX)
Developer: The Collective
Publisher: EA
File: Pak

Hi,

I hope can help. I was hoping one of you talented guys and gals may be able to help unpack the pak file for this game.

This is the same developer behind the 'Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb', it uses the same engine, but appears to use a different file compression method.

I've uploaded two of the pak files to OneDrive link below - if anyone is willing to take a look, it would be much appreciated. Thank you! :D

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amua2WvdGonP70tw72QO5J00LSF3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:26 pm 

interested in this as well... since the Indiana jones and the emperors tomb is the same engine, it might be possible to simply replace the files (once they are unpacked) and get the game working on PC ..the engine is really script based..they even all have the same bindings file format

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:47 am 
Site Admin

I see only a list of reference names in the header immediately followed by the data, without other useful information for locating and extracting the content.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:08 pm 

aluigi wrote:
I see only a list of reference names in the header immediately followed by the data, without other useful information for locating and extracting the content.

try this one, both buffy and indiana jones have it in their pak folder(although they are different of course)..it could be a lookup type file

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnMPZ9Q-EFaIhU3wuT96r5d3Smgj

and there is also an install.dat file that seems, if I recall, to have directory structure in plain text inside it
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnMPZ9Q-EFaIhU5gA1_AyEi-jIig

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

What a mess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:10 pm 

aluigi wrote:
What a mess

Its a shame that the file format doesn't hold anything identifiable to help extract the contents.

Thanks for taking the time to check the file format out regardless - I must say your commitment to helping the community on pretty much each and every topic here is highly commendable - thank you ;)