ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:47 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:07 pm 

Hello! I am very new to this process of extracting files from archive files. I am curious as to whether or not anyone can give me a hand trying to optimize a script I have so I can better extract files from an Archive. Basically what I have is a script from a long time ago, made by someone else, to extract and convert files from an archive from a rather old game. It currently extracts the files into a .3ds max format. I don't mind this, but what happens is the models sometimes come out a little messed up. Some of the vertices are way offset and the models are sometimes contorted. I was hoping to find a way to better extract the files without messing with the models themselves.

The Archive file I am trying to extract the content from is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vvV8b ... cYuDey0u2m

The Script works pretty good, but I spend a LOT of time cleaning up the assets because their vertices (Vertex) are misplaced and offset in a lot of the models. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments:
File comment: This is the script that I use to extract the files and convert them into .3ds files.
EQOAtunariaTo3ds.bms [6.83 KiB]
Downloaded 82 times

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:14 pm 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Even point me in the right direction to learn how to make scripts myself and read hex data?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:06 am 
Site Admin

That script was made by AlbinoLeopard of ps23format.
3d models is not my field and the script is very long and complex so I can't help.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:29 pm 

Thanks Luigi! I'll see if I cant contact him and have him help me out!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

Try also asking in the 2d/3d section, maybe there the users better understand what you want to do.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:33 pm 

Alright thanks!