ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:20 pm 

Hi,
I was using your script to extract some *.dds files from GIMAGE2D files of the twelvesky2 and it worked fine. But when I try to reimport the file using reimporter I'm getting this error.
Even if I don't change the file at all just try to reimport the same dds file it gives me the same error.
I tried adding -. to the reimporter and this time it didn't give any error but it also didn't import anything to the file.
How can I fix this problem?
Thanks for your time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

For that format the decompressed data contains a DDS at offset 0x24, therefore the script decompresses the data in memory and then dumps the dds from that offset.
That's the reason why reimport can't work.

There are a couple of work-arounds but they require some manual work which is obviously impossible if you have many edited dds.
Additionally I don't know/remember what's the content of those 0x24 bytes and if the edited dds may work or something must be edited in that small header too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:16 pm 

I have uploaded some IMG files as examples in case you would like to take a look.
I have also uploaded some DDS Header file examples too.
I am completely fine with leaving the header as-is since unless you change the dimensions or file save format of the dds (like DXT3), the header file remains the same.
I just couldn't figure out how to reimport the changed file after the header offset. How can I tinker with the script to repack the new dds file and write it after the offset?
Thanks for your help.

Attachments:
File comment: Example DDS Header+DDS+IMG files
ddsheaderandddsfiles.rar [17.81 KiB]
Downloaded 8 times
File comment: Example IMG files
ddsfiles.rar [759.7 KiB]
Downloaded 8 times