ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:04 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:31 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9764
QuickBMS 0.9.2 is now available.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:53 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:50 pm
Posts: 4
Discovered an excellent program QuickBMS, but there are a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to add a command line option to disable automatic guessing of the extension based on the contents of the extracted files?
2. Unfortunately, I did not find any instructions for building QuickBMS on Windows from sources. Do I need any special settings, libraries, compilers?

Many thanks to the author for the tremendous work!


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:42 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9764
1)
Usually people just use a static name in the script for dumping files with a fixed extension.
For example:
Code:
string NAME p "%d.dat" i
log NAME OFFSET SIZE

Basically it depends how really useful would be such option because there are already many options in quickbms and a simple script patch can do the job :D


2)
The current version of quickbms includes most of the libraries in its own source code but there are still some external ones, for example xcompress.lib (from the Xbox SDK) and openssl.
Everything else is already there and should work with make
I use a big .bat file for doing the job with many optimizations.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:42 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:50 pm
Posts: 4
aluigi wrote:
Basically it depends how really useful would be such option because there are already many options in quickbms and a simple script patch can do the job :D

Many thanks for pointing this out. Your code works great. For example, in zlb1a.bms I did like this:
Code:
math i = 0
for OFFSET = OFFSET < EXE_SIZE
[...]
    string NAME p "%08x.dat" i
    if CHECK == 0x005d  # lzma
        clog NAME OFFSET SIZE SIZE
    else
        log NAME OFFSET SIZE
    endif
    math OFFSET = NEXT_OFFSET
    math i += 1
next


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:06 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9764
Good :)
In your case another solution would have been to use OFFSET instead of "i" since it's a sequential format and "i" wasn't available.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:29 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:22 am
Posts: 125
Possible next features of QuickBMS: add text importing in bigger size
Text. not archive :D


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:47 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9764
Text works perfectly.
The problem is that sequential texts can't be supported in reimport2 because it's not possible to set the new offset, it's the same rule for both files and text.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:38 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:22 am
Posts: 125
aluigi wrote:
Text works perfectly.
The problem is that sequential texts can't be supported in reimport2 because it's not possible to set the new offset, it's the same rule for both files and text.


i dont have anything to say anymore but these
Text Without Offset

if text or file does not ahve any offset, then we dont need to set any offset and this option will help aloooot in text files! i write a lot of script for localization files but you say offset,

i do not talk about offset. i talk about Without Offset!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:22 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9764
If you don't have an offset then you can't put longer text, it's exactly what I said.

OFFSET: ok, put the text at the end of the file and set the new offset
NO OFFSET: you can't put 100 bytes on a string of 90 bytes and you can't put the new string at the end because there is no reference to the new location


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:06 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:22 am
Posts: 125
aluigi wrote:
If you don't have an offset then you can't put longer text, it's exactly what I said.

OFFSET: ok, put the text at the end of the file and set the new offset
NO OFFSET: you can't put 100 bytes on a string of 90 bytes and you can't put the new string at the end because there is no reference to the new location


Just replace old data with new data and then set a new size
we dont have offset and even can do it with hex too
act just like force mode and just update size too, its realy help in localization files
archive will not break because there is no offset
If i replace 99 byte with 100byte and change size, file will work because there is no offset
why you dont want to accept it?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:07 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9764
I accept if you don't understand a programming language but I do NOT accept your complete lack of any logic.
I hope you are just joking.

Feel free to put a bus in the garage for a car.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:28 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:22 am
Posts: 125
aluigi wrote:
I accept if you don't understand a programming language but I do NOT accept your complete lack of any logic.
I hope you are just joking.

Feel free to put a bus in the garage for a car.


no. i am serious, this option can help a lot in game localization
my complete lack of any logic? I apologize for that.
and yes, but a bus on garage

and i forgot to say something
dont leave empty spaces with \x00, because some games will scan texts like (get TEXT string)
so archive is ok. but text will corrupt. and size must be re-set too
i mean, put a bus in garage. and put a bike in garage
Thank you aluigi :)
i dont do off-topics anymore, sorry.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:23 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9764
quickbms in reimport2 mode already sets the correct size if offset is not available.
Everything works perfectly.

My suggestion with sequential data (when offset is not available) is to use reimport.bat instead of reimport2.bat or the whole format will be screwed.

If you don't want the padding zeroes I guess the only solution would be to use spaces when you edit the string and being sure to match the original size... difficult, moreover when using non-english languages.

For the next version of quickbms I can check if I can replace zeroes with spaces in reimport mode when using Slog command.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:15 am 

Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:49 pm
Posts: 273
aluigi - working with your dll and i have to say it is just perfect work :) ALl in 1 lib is something what everyone can dream on :).... Thx again i hope you gonna keep update it as your qbms..


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:49 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9764
I'm very happy that finally it works well :D


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:55 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:04 am
Posts: 196
aluigi wrote:
I'm very happy that finally it works well :D

not available in forum? a dll with a collection compression?

_________________
Be Good, Even in distressing or defamation and chill, Even Everyone's Called You a Bad Guy Or Lier and Mad


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:55 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9764
The dll is available at:
http://aluigi.org/papers/quickbms_dll.zip

And you can find some usage examples in the previous pages, for example:
viewtopic.php?p=35965#p35965


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:19 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:04 am
Posts: 196
aluigi wrote:
The dll is available at:
http://aluigi.org/papers/quickbms_dll.zip

And this you can find some usage examples in the previous pages, for example:
viewtopic.php?p=35965#p35965


Great! thanks! :)

_________________
Be Good, Even in distressing or defamation and chill, Even Everyone's Called You a Bad Guy Or Lier and Mad


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:44 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:22 am
Posts: 125
and something about text importing (an other thing about it): dont use space in reimport! because its text! and even need to be smaller. so you must resize it too and add a new size and file should will be smaller in resize text without-offset files (cost it! not space it)


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:54 pm 

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:00 am
Posts: 155
@Shokoniraya: QBMS reimports texts/files and do NOT repack them. Still don't know what you don't understand on that.
QBMS is powerful tool, but not almighty. So if you want repacker, you have to make it by yourself (or find somebody else to do that).


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21 Next

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited