I still miss the purpose behind the name of the temporary files created by quickbms.
They are immediately deleted after the launched executable terminates and the content of the output file is read by quickbms.
I found and fixed the bug of BMS_FOLDER.
LZX is already available since years and in many variants.
- lzx, the version used in an old tool
- xmemdecompress, the most used in games
- lzxcab, used in the Microsoft CAB files (there is also a _delta version)
- lzxchm, used in the Microsoft CHM files (there is also a _delta version)
- cabextract, same as lzxcab I guess
The compressor is already available for xmemdecompress and ds_lzx.
Regarding the last question it's a bit complicated.
The library used by quickbms doesn't return the original name and even in that case I would have to choose between the original URL and the name of the file provided by the server.
Since quickbms is NOT a downloader and it only needs the content of the file, it's more appropriate to keep the original URL.
What I will do in the next version is improving the available names, example:
quickbms has the same download speed of anything else.
Probably you are comparing it with downloaders downloading the file with multiple connections which is totally unrelated.