ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:55 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:39 am 

Hi there. I'm very interested in finding a tool (or maybe working with someone to build one?) to decrypt/re-crypt two proprietary file formats for a much older MMO called Fairyland Online (https://nfl.lager.com.tw/index/index). The English version of the game was discontinued awhile ago, but the Taiwanese version is still going strong with a small English community. The files for the game can be found at the bottom of the home page - downloaded through the Google drive link. It downloads and installs pretty quickly.

I'm not interested hacks or exploits, but am simply wanting to play this game in English again, so the goal would be to decrypt the files, swap out the zh-TW text with en-US text (through manual translation) and then repackage the files.

File extensions for this game (which is typically arbitrary for proprietary formats) are adf and lpq. I've done a little poking around in x32dbg (it's a 32-bit process) and Cheat Engine and the only thing I've been able to muster up is that it's possibly encrypted with an unknown version of ASProtect (possibly the executable), and parts of the game files look to be UTF-16LEUNICODE encoded.

The expected outcome would be that once the files are unencrypted, you can change the Chinese text into English, re-encrypt the files and you would be able to see the English text in the game client.

Thanks for reading and hopefully someone has some interest/insight.

You can message me on Discord at mebo#1337.