ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Thu May 06, 2021 10:10 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:50 pm 

Hi,

The attached file is a decrypted and decompressed roster game save from MLB The Show 14 for PS Vita developed by SONY San Diego Studios.
I am trying to understand the structure of this file to be able to edit the roster. Actually, I made some progress, successfully editing some player attributes via hex-editing.

I am thinking that maybe here in this forum someone could know more about this kind of data base files. The end goal is to get a number of CSV tables with all the information organized. In a similar way as known roster db editors for FIFA, Madden and NHL game series from EA Sports.

Thanks.

Attachments:
MLBTheShow14-PS Vita-roster.zip [551.74 KiB]
Downloaded 58 times

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:24 pm 

To add a bit more information.
This file has two description sections and two data sections. First, we have a description section identified by [DESC] containing what seem to be field names. This section is followed by its correspondent data section [DATA] where you actually find the data.

One of the main issues it that I am not able to link description and data sections from the file itself. For example, I cannot identify field offsets or field size either from the description or from the data sections.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:41 am 

I can tell you that I figured out almost all the file and I am able to successfully hex-edit it!!

The next step is to code a roster editor with my findings.
If someone is interested comment here as I am going to take a break from this for a while.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:51 pm 

A 2021 roster update can be found in this thread at Operations Sports.