Mafia 2 animation tool.
Works for both cutscenes and ingame animations.
mafia2_anim <frameresource> <anim1> [anim2] ... [animN]
<frameresource> is a required file extracted from SDS by ExSDS tool, or any other tool for game archives.
<anim1>...[animN] are .animation2 files, at least one file is required
Tool will take skeleton for a particular character from <frameresource> and merge all the following animations onto it. This is needed because most ingame animations are split into 2 parts (top & bottom). Dont try merging animations that are not supposed to work together.
Example cutscene video with 2 characters:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bCVsRjUGEk
1. game is using linear interpolation, so after loading SMD, set it in your 3d editor, otherwise animations may not look correctly (especially for root motion, leading to "moonwalking" effects)
2. some animations have a few keys that don't correspond to keysframes. These will be merged to same keysframes.
3. some animations contain additional bones (like weapon attaches) which will not be exported, and print warnings.
4. additive animations (those with "DIFF" in their name etc) will be added to rest-pose on export, which will allow to watch them, but in most cases they will not look correct, because they are supposed to be added to other poses or animations in a different ways.
5. notification event lists will be output to console (sounds like footsteps and other events)