ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:30 pm 

Hi guys, I've managed to extract manys of the textures of the NFS Carbon (PS2) using the nfsu_bun.bms script made by aluigi. I can descompress them using the same bms script, but I can't see the textures using the graphic tools that I have here. This is because the Texture after decompressed is too confused when open in a hex editor. Is totally different of others texture formats that I've seen. There is no infos in the header like resolution, bpp, pallete and others.
The texture file is in this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uM9y0Q ... p=drivesdk
Someone can understand this format, where is the pallete, graphic data, resolution and which tool I can use to see the texture?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:43 pm 

The textures are swizzled, you need to find the correct offset I guess in order to get them usable, try Console Texture Explorer (PSP/PS2).

But most importantly, why are you torturing yourself with the PS2 version?
What's wrong with the PC version, no swizzle and better resolution at least.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:31 am 

That's why I want to edit some textures that contain text messages, and to customize some things too.