ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:46 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:00 am 

I've recently been trying to get the 3d models from the game Chulip, and I've been able to find the vertex information pretty easily. However, I can't seem to connect the faces to the vertices. The faces seem to use a single byte to identify the vertices, but in many of the models, there are more than 255 vertices. Additionally, each number in the face definitions is followed by an increasing number which, if included in the number, would extend past the number of vertices any of the models have. Attached are examples for both the vertices and the faces. If anyone would be able to give me any insights it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Attachments:
File comment: Example Faces. Each vertex number is a single byte followed by a number that increases from 00 to 1D.
ChulipFaces.dat [1.73 KiB]
Downloaded 15 times
File comment: Example Vertices. There are 546 vertices defined, but only 111 unique vertices among them.
ChulipVertices.dat [8.53 KiB]
Downloaded 10 times

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:53 pm 

I found many PS2 games uses vertex to auto generate faces. Id have to look more into your samples. But most PS2 games I've done use this game technique.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:15 pm 

If you auto-generate them as triangles, it looks like this: