ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:36 am 

I'm trying to fully decrypt the PS3 versions of the head & hair models from Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 but I'm unable to get the polygon indicies/normals.

It has been suggested that there could be some compressed data before the vertex sections in the model files.

From my limited knowledge, I would suspect the files to be pretty much same size/length between formats, except one is little endian and the other in big endian.

If someone can have a look at the attached (some decrypted models of the same players in PC & PS3 formats) and help in any way, it would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Head & Hair model files:
https://easyupload.io/uepmjn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:30 am 

This is all I could find in your samples.
Vertex
Faces
I was having issues with the uvs
3D View

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:40 am 

Thanks for that. I seem to remember that the hair_high PS3 models didn’t have the encrypted/obfuscated parts in, which makes the other models all the more strange!

Which head is this from? I will look at the uv data for the offset but I think that the padding is 8.

Is there any obvious changes that could be made in those other models? Might it be worth posting a topic in the encrypted/obfuscated thread?