ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax
It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:08 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Horizon Forbidden West
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:20 am 

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:09 pm
Posts: 1037
Horizon Forbidden West tool.

This version ONLY works with game release version 1.00

So far I got all (or almost all) characters/animals/robots with skeletons and textures, also statics.
Morpheme animations are aloy and npcs.
All other animations (cutscenes and robots) are edge, they are supported by external tool.

Image

Image

Image

Image


Attachments:
h2_extr.7z [603.81 KiB]
Downloaded 971 times


Last edited by id-daemon on Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:56 pm 

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:09 pm
Posts: 1037
Tool posted.

The process of extracting models is complicated, especially getting robots with all destructible parts.
I will try to provide information on it as soon as possible.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:14 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:52 am
Posts: 640
Image
Ill post this here too for everyone trying to get the textures working properly it requires a good deal of nodes. Hopefully revetix will be able to build some kind of tool allowing you to plug in material info and it give a correct map.

If not this will require "baking" of all these textures somehow in blender or your 3D application. He did a test on the file above using this configuration.
Image

Hopefully something can come from the info and we will be able to get textures working correctly. Still very mind blowing to see this kind of technique used and the quality achieved from it.
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:01 am 

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:09 pm
Posts: 1037
I'm going to start explaining the situation and what can we do about it.

First of all, data layout in this game is totally different from previous decima games.
Assets are not organized in any logical structure, and have no names. There's no such a thing like assets for characters, any specific character or robot, they are not grouped in folders with textures, models, or shaders. Nothing like this.

Instead, they are all grouped in so called "Streaming Graph".

As I understand, it was done for optimization purposes, so the game can load/use all of the assets (and there are millions) in the best way possible in terms of speed/memory usage. As a result, its hard to get anything from there. Especially considering there are almost no names anywhere.

There are 18 main big packages containing about 75000 asset groups. Then each group has individual assets inside. Groups are very different in size. One of them may have a 1000 of assets, and another one - only a few, or even one single asset. And all this is split weirdly. For example, we may have one big part of a robot in one group, and a small part of his left leg in another. Textures/skeletons may also be scattered around other groups, seemingly without any logic.

So what i did is a scan of all asset groups for skeletal meshes, and recorded their numbers. Then i searched for specific data/strings inside, and split them into 4 parts: character heads, aloy outfits, robots, and those that left. The ones left seems to have most other enemies, npcs and characters. I'm adding these lists here.

Also note Aloy's head is ABAA, her long hairs is 6AA8, skeleton/eyes/teeth textures is 710.


Attachments:
mesh_numbers.rar [3.79 KiB]
Downloaded 140 times
Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:56 am 

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:09 pm
Posts: 1037
Now current tool usage is very simple.
Change path in INI file to your files location, make sure oo2core_8_win64.dll is in the same folder. If you dont have version 8, use 7 or 6, just rename it. Once all done, run the tool with 1 parameter: asset group number in hex:

h2_extr.exe <number>

For version 1.00 these numbers are from 0 to 126e4 (which is 75492 decimal).

example: h2_extr.exe 00AF5
or h2_extr.exe 00af5
or h2_extr.exe af5

If package loading will be successful (for 99% of all packages), tool will export textures as DDS and models as ASCII. If present, skeletons will be exported in separate files, so you have to copy-paste them to models (as it was done before for horizon 1).

During export, you can see which skeletons are used by each mesh in this form:

Mesh with skeleton 710 16

That means that skeleton is in group 710, asset 16. If thats the same group, it will be already exported. If its another group, you will have to extract that group to get the skeleton (if it was not done before).


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:03 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:52 am
Posts: 640
Image
After a few days of nodes and some help from daemon and revetix we were finally able to get a system set up to properly bake these textures.
It does require many nodes/channels to get the map. But once its all set up you can easily transition between colors. There is no other way to get these baked maps that I know of.
Image
I know this isnt perfect and still needs fine tuned but still you can see here we were able to plug in the proper RBG channels to bake somewhat of a diffuse map. All material id's would do is point you to the correct textures that mesh is using. It wont fix this part of the work that needs to be done. This will have to be done inside of your 3D application.
Huge thanks Daemon for all the effort you put in on this one. I know you cringe at that hair screenshot I cant see what else im missing. Maybe i need a different hair mesh all together i seen there were 2 maybe I deleted the correct one. Please don't hate me :) I even redid the mesh entirely just to see if i had misplaced the hair and it is indeed the correct one. There is a flat looking one and a more filled hair and the only one that fits with his helmet is that hair. So this has to be right.
Image
ALSO
Many of these textures use B channel for AO and sometimes alpha. So once you have baked maps properly use photoshop or something to pull B channel from the image and use it in the baked image.
Image
It takes awhile to do one but once you have everything in place its not that bad to get a fully functioning model.
Image
You can also use Unreal Engine to directly manipulate textures then bake them inside of that too. Which ever way works best for you. Here is the results of that method.
Image
This is what the node setup would look like:
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:56 pm 

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:09 pm
Posts: 1037
Tool updated.

1. More asset groups supported, now only 14 of 75000 groups crash.

2. Material output.

Each model will now export "..._materials.txt" file with a list of all materials used. Also ascii file itself will have material numbers inside as a name of each submesh.

Materials will be exported to "materials" subfolder as individual files. Each file may contain several material sets. For each material there will be list of texture numbers + variables. Sometimes these variables contain important data, such as solid colors and other shader constants. Texture numbers may be either exact texture number (corresponding to texture file names exported) or texture set number. In this case you will have to guess texture numbers, because this info is not yet exported. Also some textures are not present in any sets. These are not exported yet, so you can't use them.

3. animations.

Only morpheme animations supported, which are used only for Aloy, npcs, and only one robot - mole.
These are group numbers containing them:
6b0a - aloy
99c - npcs
a935 - mole

Once exported, you will get all animations as in horizon zero dawn tool.
Unlike 1st game, forbidden west has no physics skeletons (which i used for animations), so you have to use mesh skeletons. Tool now exports these in both ASCII and SMD for this purpose.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:39 pm 

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:09 pm
Posts: 1037
Tool updated.

Edge animations support.
Robot animations & cutscene animations are also working now.

https://youtu.be/xVrKnkZKdB8

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:52 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:52 pm
Posts: 204
thanks a lot for the awesome work, you know why virustotal detecta a lot virus? this is safe? sorry to ask

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file-ana ... cwNjU1NA==

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:49 pm 

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:13 pm
Posts: 62
wow. this is simply impressive.
for real though, how do you screw this up? i really want to know.
this is seriously mind-blowing like, holy *SPAM*.

i mean, twenty-five vendors detected this one as MALWARE *SPAM*! twenty-five! fifteen vendors couldn't read the file to see if it has something seriously UNSAFE in it, but my god i genuinely, GENUINELY cannot believe what i've just seen.
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/0dd8ade55330586e459ec6e673f8d35edbe02416fa7f20024d130ba2ca9db1b5?nocache=1
(updated virustotal link containing the rar file, said file cannot be downloaded there for obvious reasons)

oh and to make matters worse virustotal detected h2_extr.exe as MALWARE based on the information that "35 security vendors and no sandboxes flagged this file as malicious".
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/18c52408672ac6190ac681818a4486716b439c741949aedb2a61667cced25634?nocache=1

thirty. *SPAM*. five. that's a new record!

i mean, seriously what if this was some sort of space-wiping piece of shit that could brick your PC? what if it did worse things to said PC as you used it? like hijacking ALL OF IT so you couldn't have even the slightest control over it. just what is the rationale that leads to these kinds of results you're seeing now through these links as available within this post? this is simply inexcusable and unforgivable and quite frankly i won't pretend to "understand" ANYTHING anymore because id-daemon WROTE A *SPAM* VIRUS!

but that's not even the worst part. the worst part is he implemented DRM BULLSHIT so i couldn't load code into GHIDRA!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1glnTxXfGXokT2eZ-RKweHfL7ZgfbDUNm/view?usp=sharing
as anyone can see in this video, a big chunk of it was dedicated to code that cannot be accessed in any way except the PC itself because id-daemon is scared that you might be interested in it in some way.
so, just invest in DRM far more than making a good tool. problem solved. original code do not steel.
wanna know how it works? wanna learn how it works from it? *SPAM* you. lol lol lol.

*SPAM*, DRM is already BAD ENOUGH with microsoft (and way too many companies i'm afraid) all-too-trigger-happy shoving down all their oppressive "protection" down our throats so we can't do anything with it. i don't have to take this shit from a reputable developer within the datamining community, but "reputable" doesn't mean anything to me anymore. in fact it never did.

Polyphony Digital washed out all goodwill they've acquired over the years starting with GTSport all the way to GT7, what with the latter receiving an unexpected server shortage that took like 30 hours to fix only for the players to be greeted with MASSIVE economy issues where griding for events was nothing but a way of life, to the point of Kazunoru Yamauchi explaining away "why they had to do this" leading to the game receiving 1.7 user score on metacritic (on both platforms even!).
Rockstar Games introduced GTA+ to PS5 and XSX versions of GTAV literally DAYS after said versions were released, which pretty much their entire fanbase wasn't fully comfortable with and said so in no uncertain terms.
Denuvo-infested games get outrages at the most unexpected of times.
Blizzard Entertainment, even at their "best" years, hinted us at their true nature SO MANY TIMES until mid-2021 where all the cards were out and were thus revealed to be complete scumbags who would be right at home at an Kiwifarms thread thanks to how they behaved in front of other employees.
there's an entire exposé article at venturebeat detailing how Moon Studios actually work as a company, with the comedy duo treating their employees like toys they can play with however they wish.
Bungie doesn't know how to maintain older content they've made for their worthless trash-can that is Destiny 2 so they sunset it all until the Shadowkeep expansion so new players are forced to bum-rush their way until they reach to The Witch Queen expansion.
and so on and so forth.

which is to say that "goodwill" was never in their vocabularies, but when they had that word built-in into their lives they just hid their true nature to everyone like it was nothing or just screw it up altogether. and sometimes both intersect (and in some cases merge together) in really horrifying ways!

all this just prove that you simply don't respect your end users at all. why should i trust you? why must i trust you? i don't trust you, i don't respect you, hell i don't even like you. this entire post and this video in particular is why.

whether or not this "virus" is a "false positive" or whatever is irrelevant. what matters is that it's straight-up unsafe to use it period. AVOID AT ALL COSTS because i'm afraid that id-daemon will have to invest in some rather heavy amount of difficult but necessary soul-searching that can lead to a point where we're eventually graced an usable exe file that isn't going to *SPAM* you over. all the goodwill gathered from releasing and updating this to support more shit evaporated in an instant.
id-daemon i genuinely seriously really *SPAM* hate you. you and your despisable despicable dick-sucking filth need to learn "how not to scumbag".


Last edited by tbmq008 on Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:50 am 

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:00 pm
Posts: 664
@tbmq008: Before pouring out all this nonsense here you could do at least some research on how it works and why those things happens. First, many AVs are triggered when app is not signed - I can compile unprotected non-packed C app with clean code in a way it will be detected with around 10 vendors at virustotal. Second, if any common protector or packer is used, it's very possible that packed app will be detected as malicious through heuristic analysis, because many malwares are using such tools as well, and the same code signatures are produced upon wrapping - if you'll take a look at virustotal report in this case, you'll notice "gen" (generic), "variant", "behaves like" and other statuses, produced from heuristic analysis rather than from definitions - not to mention it's not detected by many trusted AVs such as ESET-NOD32, DrWeb and Kaspersky (also, at least half vendors at virustotal are chinese companies, which may borrow engines and results from other vendors, you can tell it by exactly the same names for definitions).

I'm confused that you know things like ghidra, but don't know such simple things about protectors and packers. As for why such things may be protected - I'm well aware of people who will gladly steal you unprotected app by modifying and selling it as "VIP" stuff. Also, id-daemon is not the only one who is posting protected apps here, for example check localization subforum.

_________________
You can request AES keys on rin forums (the list with keys is also there)
AES keys finder and latest UE4 bms scripts: in this post


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:36 am 

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:13 pm
Posts: 62
spiritovod wrote:
@tbmq008: Before pouring out all this nonsense here you could do at least some research on how it works and why those things happens. First, many AVs are triggered when app is not signed - I can compile unprotected non-packed C app with clean code in a way it will be detected with around 10 vendors at virustotal. Second, if any common protector or packer is used, it's very possible that packed app will be detected as malicious through heuristic analysis, because many malwares are using such tools as well, and the same code signatures are produced upon wrapping - if you'll take a look at virustotal report in this case, you'll notice "gen" (generic), "variant", "behaves like" and other statuses, produced from heuristic analysis rather than from definitions - not to mention it's not detected by many trusted AVs such as ESET-NOD32, DrWeb and Kaspersky (also, at least half vendors at virustotal are chinese companies, which may borrow engines and results from other vendors, you can tell it by exactly the same names for definitions).
you say all of that as if it's all MY FAULT!?
my fault? seriously?
i've given my all to ensure my post would be AS SENSIBLE AS POSSIBLE so i could give my take on the situation and you dismiss it as nonsense?
as for "research", the average user doesn't understand what any of what you've said means and they won't understand it. and neither will i.
"research" isn't just some *SPAM* google search. not many people know what you know and it's not easily accessible either. so i'd much rather say my piece instead.
spiritovod wrote:
I'm confused that you know things like ghidra, but don't know such simple things about protectors and packers.
i know things like ghidra because it's an accessible app for everyone to use, made by people who know what they're doing. it's 10x accessible than IDA Pro (if you don't want to pay up for it you have to go out of your way to search for a cracked release of it), has an actual community which led to many amazing extensions made for it, and it's my go-to Java app for disassembling code.
i don't know "such simple things" about protectors and packers because they get in my way of reading compiled code. they're anything but "simple".
i'm not going to waste my time looking for ways to "demystify" the code when i could be using it to look at the ACTUAL code. if i don't know where the protection or packing code is, or i find out that said code is "executed" in rather complicated way, i don't care. i just stop, as if i'm at a dead-end. and that can't be good.
see also Gears of War 4 Microsoft Store protection, Destiny 2 PC protection, as well as PS4+PS5 and XBO+XSX protection in general.
spiritovod wrote:
As for why such things may be protected - I'm well aware of people who will gladly steal you unprotected app by modifying and selling it as "VIP" stuff. Also, id-daemon is not the only one who is posting protected apps here, for example check localization subforum.
i mean, sure, people being greedy by selling other people's unprotected apps is not great. but i don't know where to look for that, so i don't care.
well, all the more reason to call everyone out for even posting protected apps then! anyhow, since you gave me a heads up about where protected apps get posted all the time, i might be on my way.

instead of, you know, blaming me for something i wasn't responsible for and do not condone in any way and giving me insult after insult as if i should take your condescending tone like it's *SPAM* nothing. you're just proving my point.

but... BUT... there is one redeeming point in your post. you did show off some knowledge about this kind of stuff. that would've been worth a praise if not for that.
and in case you're going to dismiss it as nonsense AGAIN, you'd do great by asking away and i'll be happy to assist you!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:39 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:52 am
Posts: 640
Your as ignorant as one could be. Take your opinions and your ridiculous posts elsewhere. People like you make me sick.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:39 pm 

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:13 pm
Posts: 62
DJ Normality wrote:
Your as ignorant as one could be. Take your opinions and your ridiculous posts elsewhere. People like you make me sick.
ok. ok. i don't *SPAM* care anymore.
what about this though? isn't this take "ignorant"?
https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1505061751632531459

honestly, what stops id-daemon from releasing an update to this h2_extr.exe piece of shit that screws you over with microtransactions, NFTs, loot boxes, forced online connectivity, spyware or other oppressive bullshit?
shit like this need to be called out. i needed to say all of this. i'm not that stupid, i demand respect from the people who make these things available into the wider web at large. i don't need to be told to kindly *SPAM* off every time i complain about something.
which is exactly why i hate your people. you're the ones who make me sick. you're the ones who underestimate what other people are capable of. and when you see something you don't expect, i'm the one who takes the blame. amazing.

and guess what, back when h2_extr.exe was initially released, i found out that it had protective code, a kind of DRM on its own that i simply despise. despite looking at all the code through GHIDRA, i found out that it only disassembled a small portion of it. the rest, i couldn't even do anything about it so i didn't care and moved on.
i just kept a quiet mind about it until someone posted a virustotal link. ever since then, i had to say all of this because it made me so angry, like you couldn't believe.

and, again, people like you made it look like it's all my fault? demanding better from devs isn't some ignorant thing that makes you sick, it's because they don't deliver the bare minimum necessary to treat their users with the necessary respect to make their stuff successful.
i needed to warn other users that hey, this app isn't worth your attention because... honestly, who's going to click on a rar not knowing that what's inside of it is safe or not?
no one. no one knows that. no one knows that because they weren't informed about the fact that h2_extr.exe does in fact have DRM.

putting DRM into your code isn't "protecting yourself from unwanted actors" or whatever, it's taking advantage of people who don't know any better and expect that they will eat your shit not knowing what that is until it's too late.

i mean, when you play a game, the game you bought, doesn't the mere happenstace of an server outage piss you off?
and after said outage is gone, and an update suddenly arrives and changes the core fundamentals of a game to be more grindy than necessary so consumers are forced to buy microtransactions, lootboxes, NFTs and other unsavory stuff... doesn't that piss you off as well?
i don't want to buy more shark cards in GTAV, but i have to because the economy in that game is *SPAM* ludicrous. it's like everything is expensive now and you have to spend your in-game money to grab everything you need to even remotely enjoy the game at all.
i don't want to buy more "credits" in GT7 because i'm sick and tired of all that grind.
i don't want to buy more "fooball players" in Ultimate Team from within FIFA 22 because of the above reasons.
no one cares about your "protection". they just want to play your game or use your app without setting themselves up into victims of your abusive behavior.
and newsflash i don't have to "buy the game", get myself acquainted with bad company like you and wait untill stuff gets figured out so i can datamine THE *SPAM* GAME!
it's common sense. it's that simple. it's crazy that i have to explain this to everyone that shits on me because they find me "sickening".

this is exactly why i had to make these posts. i had to warn people about what they're going to expect when they see this shit. this one rar file that you want to click on but don't know what's truly inside of it.
no one gives a *SPAM* about "copyright" anymore. they just want to enjoy their stuff without feeling like doing something wrong or being watched or some other fear that may come true at really any time now.

why is this so hard to understand? i'm scared of you people. you're the ones making me sick. you're literally disturbing me for *SPAM* sake.
for real, what have i done to you to deserve this? nothing.
you're upset not because of my "shit takes" that make you vomit so badly, you're upset because you got called out for being shit people.
no, really, i really do dispise you. not gonna lie. that and that sigroon piece of shit whom i argued with since years ago. that memory still haunts me to this day and is arguably a big component of my argument.
it's dick-sucking garbage people like you that makes me sick. period.

you understand my viewpoint now? why i had to say all of this?
or do i have to explain myself over and over and over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN until you finally understand that what you're doing is simply wrong?
this is crazy. it is what it is. crazy.

drop the bullshit and stop being a scumbag. you know how.


Last edited by tbmq008 on Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:52 am
Posts: 640
Luigi ? you seeing this?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:29 pm 

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:13 pm
Posts: 62
well if he isn't going to ban me then i'll be the poster child for zenhax's exceptionally poor moderation!
not that it matters much since i'm currently screencapping THIS WHOLE MESS! i've never had this much fun in ages!
even better, by the time i do get banned (could be any time now) i'll post the whole thing on my twitter account and it'll spread like wildfire! i'll know it!
this'll be a controversy in the making!

after all, i've exhausted all options into defending myself in front of everyone who kept on bringing me down and generally depising me.
i don't have much of a choice here! i'll spread this out into the internet at large and this'll make the biggest waves like you couldn't imagine.
corpos will get the message, companies will get the message, EVERYONE will get the message that i've been trying to make which is to say "don't screw people over".

i cannot stress this enough, this will be big! like real big! like "Xbox One 2013 reveal big"! like "Activision Blizzard King 2021 company culture controversy" big! like "THE LAST OF US PART II story leaks leading to massive outrage from nearly everyone" big!
this'll be a watershed moment in the gaming industry! everyone will talk about it, youtubers will talk about it, heck if that means i get to see a Digital Foundry video, MVG video or an LegacyKillaHD video talking about all this, that means i've succeeded in getting this into attention!
love it!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:15 pm 

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:13 pm
Posts: 62
one day.
one day is all it took to deal with me.
one day and still nothing happened.

i'm getting zero communication from anyone working on this HFW stuff. zero. nada. zilch. not even a single line of text that isn't straight-up mean-spirited or anything that makes me punch someone in the face.

well, guess i need to take advantage of that in some way.
after all i've made peace with the fact that i'm ignorant and a dumbass who needs to be stopped. according to them, it's my fault. all my fault.
my fault. my fault. my fault ma fal.
but they don't bear the bame. "you just don't understand" they say.
well what i understand is that i feel betrayed in some way, which AFAIK is an big understatement.
i found out it had "protected" code i had no way of knowing about beforehand alongside some instructions for running it which by the way are so poorly made it doesn't even respect the end user who doesn't have any time wasting on editing ini files to get to their god-damned game files.
how is this any respectful to the end user in any way? this isn't user-friendly this is straight-up bullshit. it f---s with my sanity if i use it like that and worse i probably wouldn't even remember how to use it.

to make matters worse, 35 anti-virus vendors hate that code. i was thrown all sorts of excuses for not fixing any of that and i'm tired of listening to these people.
i mean, if you're smarter than me, act like it by fixing your s--- instead of throwing me s---!

oh yeah may i know what the hell happened to this guy?
https://twitter.com/dtzxporter/status/1469174351991869440
he said his life has taken "a turn for the worse" and that he will "no longer be working on games"? suspicious.
why would he leave like that? anyone closest to him has any idea why he quit like that? no, i don't want to be thrown excuses, i really want to know.
you know the one. the guy behind the tools made for some of the worst big-budget games to ever grace planet earth.
DOOM ETERNAL, the garbage spyware game programmed by scumbags who thought it'd be a good idea to spy on the user while they play the game.
i mean, we got microtransactions and half-assed game modes alongside horrible level design and gameplay design in general, all coming from Bethesda who became irredeemable after Wolfenstein: Youngblood and Fallout 76.
Call of Duty from 4 to whatever f---ing COD game is coming out. remember that all development on Wraith Archon stopped because DTZxPorter mysteriously called it quits!
Titanfawg 2 to Apex Crapgends 'cuz we just couldn't maintain Titenfag i guess. Legion development stopped for the same reasons as above.

id Tech is trash, illegal spyware-laden trash that needs to be taken out from whoever touches it and into a place where it can be destroyed with fire. Creation Engine, i don't even wanna know about that one but at least i don't have as many bad feelings with it as the former. still, i don't care.
Frostbite? why even bother? no one (that isn't an uber-genius like id-daemon and spiritovod and NicknineTheEagle or whoever-the-f###-knows-what-they're-doing) knows how to datamine Frostbite games and there were no good games coming out that used said engine anyway. all that "game-changing", "ground-breaking" technology for Ultimate Team and Battlefield 2042. kill it.
UE5 is the future. anyone who complains about "monopolizing tech diversity" needs to take into account how many times gamers have been betrayed by companies behind these supposedly different but interesting technologies like what Remedy did with CONTROL or what 4A Games did with METRO EXODUS or Visual Concepts with NBA 2K22 or Massive Entertainment with TOM CLANCY'S THE DIVISION 2 or SQUARE ENIX with FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE or, you know, Acti-KIWIFARMS-vision with CALL OF F---ING DUTY.
Unity is an increasingly unreliable engine with stuttery performance everywhere you go, it has no chance of competing with UE5, Godot or even GameMaker. it's so beyond irredemable at this point, i want it die a fast and swift death as much as possible.
nobody cares about technology anymore, despite many relying on it for their day-to-day tasks on many occasions. instead, it's all about treating consumers with respect, and finding ways to pull that off in satisfying ways. starting with selling the game once on a beloved platform with the lowest pricing possible regardless of your game size. and remove as many (if not all) traces of DRM, unnecessarily tedious griding, microtransactions, lootboxes and NFTs as possible.
no one wants to buy a god-damn item that requires real money (and/or cryptocurrency) to spend just to get through the game, i'm not playing a f---ing store you idiots.
i'm also not playing a game where people try to talk as much as possible, have pre-placed map markers on me, contain so many flat-as-a-cardboard characters and have so many amounts of infodumping that not one single memorable moment in the game is because of these things.
all this crap is exactly why FromSoftware is heraled by many as the best game developer they've ever known, for crying out loud. and they use their own engine.
seriously, we've been spoiled by NFTs, cryptocurrencies and a general sense of "buying stuff because you want it" alongside massive waste of resources we're commiting to our very own planet we call home. the gap between the rich and the poor is widening and it's only getting worse from here on out. isn't that a scary thought to any of you?

point is, why make easy-to-use tools for games that don't deserve anyone's attention?
people pirate these games, why goad them into buying those games so they can use your stuff at all?
nobody is like you who buy games full-price for the chance to enjoy any of them. they don't care about any reasoning that you might have as to why any of your tools are anything like that.
matter of fact, i'm one of those people. i do that because video game companies push the boundaries of what's considered "acceptable" on the consumer end by going against them in every way.
i mean, have you ever read "crappy games wiki" (without the quotes, they're there because easier google searches)? the insane bouts of negativity from reading any of the articles in there should make anyone question themselves over whether something they liked or not is actually what they really thought about it. in fact, i read so many articles from there it almost made me insane. the site is so f---ing powerful man.

i feel like a god-damn clown here. like an outcast. like a villain. it's insane.
all i'm asking for is a little bit of honesty and integrity and treat your users with respect but everyone who speaks to me is against me instead.
everyone else is just reading all of this, probably bothered by my presence or something.

i feel like i'm the only one who says anything of substance here anymore, while the rest just don't want to engage with me. understandable.
but id-daemon, you showed your programming skills with this tool. the tool you imposed DRM into. talk to me. level with me. stop polishing your DRM code. stop dragging me into this hellish mess. don't hide behind your trauma, your friends are just as horrified of what happened as you are. don't hide behind your prejudices, let them show. show the world what you're really doing right now and show them who you really are. i deserve communication from you. everyone deserves some form of communication from you. any kind is acceptable.

give us an actual update about what you're working on. i don't care about images and youtube videos. just... SAY SOMETHING! ANYTHING!

this is the least i deserve right now. communication. instead, i get nothing. this is the reward for being treated as a villain. to them, i'm basically unlikeable now. to them, i'm disgusting, ignorant of knowledge, i take the easy way out. i do this because it's practical to just talk, you know. i need someone to talk to. talking to someone is important. good relationships are superior to having intelligence in every way. this is an undeniable fact of life.
put simply, f--- sigroon365, f--- spiritovod, f--- DJ Normality, f--- Jayveer, and most importantly f--- you.
amazing skill and experience with certain subjects does not mean you're a good person. being a good person means being humble and showing to everyone who you really are. it's called being honest to each other. let me criticize you for who you really are. let me talk to you. all i'm asking here is for the bare minimum - communication. just that and i can leave you alone in peace, doing what you always did prior to me calling you and your friends out.

otherwise, this thread will be mine. it will be mine despite the rules stating otherwise. i am willing to break as many rules as i can to ensure that it will be mine so i can wreak havoc in here however i wish. this thread will be mine until i'm sick and tired of it. every post that the user intends to do here will go through me, all they have to do is to PM me about what they intend to post there so i can review its contents and either post these things on their behalf or reject them if i hate said contents. should i be given complete control over any thread in any way (aluigi is the only one who can do this), i will reorganize it into my liking so it's not id-daemon's thread anymore. i'll lock the thread so people will be forced to do the "PM part".

in particular, if you're working on some programming stuff i DEMAND you post the source code + the compiled executable and tell me the specifics of said code. if your code has any sort of DRM in it or other malicious stuff and you didn't tell me, i'll reject it on-the-spot so you must rewrite it to ensure no traces of it are present. oh, and said executable must be run through virustotal to ensure no anti-virus vendors see your app as a threat to someone else's computer, otherwise i'll demand you rewrite it to ensure they don't.

all of these steps are necessary so as to show everyone what happens when you don't treat people with the respect they deserve.

i repeat.
this. thread. will. be. mine. period. end of discussion. non-negotiable.


Last edited by tbmq008 on Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:56 pm 

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:09 pm
Posts: 1037
tbmq008 wrote:
...

If you feel paranoid, just run it in virtual machine and then destroy it.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:00 pm 

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:13 pm
Posts: 62
okay.
okay.
aluigi wasn't there to stop me. what a shame.
well, it's decided then! this thread is effectively mine now.

also congrats for the 999 posts, you've earned it.
oh and don't worry i'm going to run in on the VM, in fact i think i'm going to run it to the ground.
i don't have the game assets but i don't care! it's a f---ing virus anyway, what could go wrong with this? right?
i'm having so much fun hijacking and destroying someone else's thread, i love it!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:27 pm 

Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:13 pm
Posts: 62
bitdefender considers your h2_extr.exe app as literally malware, time to run it to the ground in VM.
Image
i don't give a f--- what anybody else says, it's a virus. it's a virus. virus. virus not safe. don't be idiot. don't run it on your PC.
you're just lucky it removed it from my PC (actualy bitdefender held the file hostage so it had me decide whether i should either removie it or keep it, i decided to keep it but either way! "removed it" is more dramatic!), but still allbie back. for the ultimate SHOWDOWN. pitting h2_extr.exe against a VM environment!
I'LL BE BACK!


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited