ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:20 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:35 am 

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:43 pm
Posts: 33
I extracted car model files with Noesis with plugins, Noesis can view the 3D model, but I want to edit this. What should I do? This is a ".dat" and I want to convert this file to ".z3d"
Note: Noesis not opening model file, opening model header and view model file.
I can't upload the Noesis plugin, because It's ".py" :(


Attachments:
File comment: This is the model header file.
BB BB AD 6C.dat [1.73 KiB]
Downloaded 79 times
File comment: This is the model file.
BB BB AD 6C_model.dat [49.5 KiB]
Downloaded 75 times
Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:23 am
Posts: 8
Before opening your model, convert the textures to .dds. Now, after opening the model in Noesis using the burnout plugin, click in File>Export, choose the main output type as .obj. Also check the option flip UV's and use the advanced options -objmtl

Now open ZModeler2 and go in File>Import and then find your .obj file and click import. After importing you can save your model (it will get the extension .z3d). If there are some missing texture in your model, you can add the textures path in ZModeler search list (Options>Settings>Services>Textures>Add), it's useful to put the generic textures folder in this list.

I don't know if someone else has made I plugin to export directly from Noesis to ZModeler (.z3d).

PS: ZModeler version 2.2.5 and newer has obj importer.

_________________
Burnout Paradise: Tutorial - Vehicle conversion
Burnout Paradise: DGI Vehicle Pack


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:37 am
Posts: 50
DGIorio, where I can find noesis plugin for BP .dat models?


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:39 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:23 am
Posts: 8
Tosyk wrote:
DGIorio, where I can find noesis plugin for BP .dat models?


Hi Tosyk

I'm still working in the noesis plugins, but I think they are in a good state to release.
I've been making an unpacker (PC/XBOX/PS3) and a packer (PC) tool. I also made a model viewer and texture viewer for PC version. The scripts need to be put in the folder "Noesis\plugins\python" and put the two generic folders (textures and models) in main Noesis folder (Noesis\). Also it's better to put Noesis in some folder without spaces in the path (like C:\Noesis).

For opening models, you can click in the files without "_model" that are inside the folder "0C_00_00_00" or click in the file inside the folder "06_00_01_00" to open all models together and in their positions. For city models (TRK_UNITs) the main file is in the folder "23_00_00_00".
For opening textures, you can click in the files without "_texture" that are inside the folder "00_00_00_00". It's possible to the noesis batch-process to convert the textures to .dds.

Burnout Paradise Generic textures and models:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1NgOi ... sp=sharing

PS: before opening the models it's good to first convert the textures to .dds, so when exporting to obj the textures can be found.


Attachments:
BP Plugins.rar [8.41 KiB]
Downloaded 138 times

_________________
Burnout Paradise: Tutorial - Vehicle conversion
Burnout Paradise: DGI Vehicle Pack
Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:32 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:37 am
Posts: 50
DGIorio, great! thank you, I'll try it when I get back home.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:04 pm 

Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:11 pm
Posts: 2
DGIorio wrote:
Tosyk wrote:
DGIorio, where I can find noesis plugin for BP .dat models?


Hi Tosyk

I'm still working in the noesis plugins, but I think they are in a good state to release.
I've been making an unpacker (PC/XBOX/PS3) and a packer (PC) tool. I also made a model viewer and texture viewer for PC version. The scripts need to be put in the folder "Noesis\plugins\python" and put the two generic folders (textures and models) in main Noesis folder (Noesis\). Also it's better to put Noesis in some folder without spaces in the path (like C:\Noesis).

For opening models, you can click in the files without "_model" that are inside the folder "0C_00_00_00" or click in the file inside the folder "06_00_01_00" to open all models together and in their positions. For city models (TRK_UNITs) the main file is in the folder "23_00_00_00".
For opening textures, you can click in the files without "_texture" that are inside the folder "00_00_00_00". It's possible to the noesis batch-process to convert the textures to .dds.

Burnout Paradise Generic textures and models:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1NgOi ... sp=sharing

PS: before opening the models it's good to first convert the textures to .dds, so when exporting to obj the textures can be found.



I did everything you said and everything works fine but when i export the file on noesis that imports multiple .dat's to make the car it only export 1 part not the full car. i'm a complete noob on noesis but if you could help i appreciate

imported car Image

export result Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:03 pm 

Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:11 pm
Posts: 2
nevermind i pressed F2 until it got to the last part and exported

https://i.imgur.com/MLsjJpB.jpg


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:44 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:23 am
Posts: 8
ArthurLopes wrote:
nevermind i pressed F2 until it got to the last part and exported

https://i.imgur.com/MLsjJpB.jpg


Hi, I did many updates in the scripts, I forgot to come back here to update the download link. I will back home in some days, so I can put the updates here.

_________________
Burnout Paradise: Tutorial - Vehicle conversion
Burnout Paradise: DGI Vehicle Pack


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:24 am 

Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:11 am
Posts: 37
Oh wow, check this out.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02 ... -march-16/


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:05 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:23 am
Posts: 8
Hello guys!

I've been working on updates for my scripts. There were many changes like:
- 3D models are loaded faster;
- Not necessary to press F2 when going to export a model;
- Folders were renamed to the name used by the game;
- Track units models can be loaded in it all (when opened by InstanceList file);
- Vehicles models can be loaded in it all (when opened by GraphicsSpec file);
- Vehicles have bones and bone weights (damage info) applyed in the 3D model when the AT file is unpacked in the same folder as GR file. Just some export formats keep these information (like .fbx).

Here is the download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GDeIjSi0n6IAtsDo6Ilf-ert8291Bngk/view

PS: avoid spaces in path names, because some export formats can't find textures when there are spaces.

Thanks for using it!

_________________
Burnout Paradise: Tutorial - Vehicle conversion
Burnout Paradise: DGI Vehicle Pack


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited