ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Wild Arms 3 (*.BIN)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:21 am 

Hello there! It's been quite a while since I last dug into the files of this game in search of its models.

Anyways, last time I checked the BTLODT.BIN file, I managed to find some model data, as well as some pathway-like data that seems to be about the game's enemies when viewed in a hex editor like so.
There seems to be some sort of method on the storage these files, and I must ask - Is there any way that I can have some help with getting through the data for extraction?

Post subject: Re: Wild Arms 3 (*.BIN)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:17 am 
Site Admin

have you already checked this topic?
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11486

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:15 pm 

Well I was able to use the script found hidden in the archives of the internet. Its called "WA3eememoryto3ds.bms"
I renamed it to "eeMemory.bms" I found that it in fact does pull the models from the save states.
Loaded my game then saved in the save state. Then read you just have to edit the extension from .p2s to .zip.
Just drag out the eeMemory.bin. And run Quick BMS on the file.
I was able to find the main characters but seems the script "join's" everything in the .3ds
I will try to look into that more. As well as trying out other games. I noticed that the information is all given.
Just need to find the algorithm :roll:
But here is the files as they are now. No UV's, no split parts, no.. nothing really. But it is a start. And I thank anyone who is still here to help. And for those who left the archives up so I could get this far.
Script
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M6xICP ... sp=sharing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:51 pm 

aluigi wrote:
have you already checked this topic?
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11486

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

I have checked the topic actually, since I am the one responsible for starting it over there. Progress on that has been extremely slow over the years, since I've been having a lot of difficulty figuring out how to extract the contents of the archives that have understandable text. I will say that it does have 3D data in it, as well as textures for certain models and visual effects. By searching in HxD for all hex value instances of "00 40 1E 31 12 04 00 00" (as was described to me by the admin of PS23dformat in his script), I was able to figure out that there were 2712 hits. As far as I know, he said there was some form of compression within BTLODT.BIN.

Furthermore, the archive contains text strings reminiscent of paths that have file names like "eff_012.mdl", "g025.mdl", and "e038.mdl" to name a few.

EDIT: Here's a link to BTLODT.BIN, for anyone willing to help out.