ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:45 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:09 am 

I was working on this project for along time. Got nowhere. I really didn't know what to look for anyway. But after some help from Leo from http://lgt.createaforum.com. We managed to get further. He made several programs to find the data. But I'm not sure if he was 100% correct on the stuff. So I'm hoping with enough people we can tackle this project.

Ok.. heres what I got.

The game models are stored in PE.IMG. Only thing is there was no way to view the data. All of it was compressed into this one archive. Leo wrote a program that pulled the data out in .PER files. There's 407 .PER files all together that we have researched and found everything to. First off lets start with Pixels Preview.
This is a program that Leo wrote to view any .X file in pixel format. If we scroll through the document we see some kind of texture. Then right after that some type of repeating blocks. Here's what we come to find.
The "unknown" we have researched and found it to be UV data.

Now.. We used Hex Editor's to find the files at the correct offsets. This is the model broken down into each section.

BH (Block Header)
H (Header)
0H (Unknown)
UK (Unknown)
VR (Vertex)
QUV (Quad Vertex)
TUV (Triangle Vertex)

As you can see we have done a lot of research. We took each .PER and made them into .PEM's. These are cut out from the main .PER. Some .PER files contain more than one model so I made sure to pull out each one. If we go to the Eve Stage 2 (Long Arms).PEM vertex offset and adjust the padding and the count we get a bunch of vertex points. Which appear to be correct just slightly off. Not sure if its reading double or if they are not in the correct spots all together but we do get some kind of vertex data.
This is an old file that we no longer have before we made the .PEM's so don't follow this offset. Find the correct offsets in the files by the above information.

This is were I'm stuck. I cannot for the life of me find the face data. It looks like it is this data in the QUV and the TUV but we found that them are the UV's. Leo was also able to design a program that allowed us to find the UV data. Here is the correct file of Eve and the UV data we found for her.

As you can see everything lines up and is correctly placed on the texture. Only problem this program only shows you what it is. Not extract it. So I'm not sure if these are just UV faces or actual faces that are reading as UV's. Kind of just lost all in general at this point. Me and Leo were working together for around a month or so and he just went ghost. Not sure what happened but I know that we are SO close! I don't know if he got mad at me for researching more or if something happened to him but I was able to find everything on my own. I also exported every .PER model and made reference images from game play on my own. And extracted every texture to every model. I devoted a lot of time and effort into this project.
All I want is to find the faces and not have to manually create them along with the UV's like I did here.

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my archive. It includes... Everything.

Research
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17kXWW ... V1aTxpjgoj

Programs
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qgYPQd ... sp=sharing

Thank you