ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Aggressive Inline Levels
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:07 pm 

I posted this in the Game Archives section as well, let me know if I should just have that thread moved instead...

Basically I'd like to be able to open the levels from Aggressive Inline in Blender. I'd like to port them for use in THUG Pro, a mod for Tony Hawk's Underground 2. There's also some unused stuff on the disc that I'd like to look at.

Here's a link to the levels folder (this is the Gamecube version but I also have the PS2 version if you want it): https://mega.nz/#!wV83FarK!PRW947Plyg6o ... UNWPS8ooUo

"MOTIONS.ZAL" I think contains information for in-level cutscenes.
.BIN file contains all the text strings (for challenges, etc.)
.GEO file contains geometry.
.TXR file contains textures.
I'm not sure what's in the .DAT or .INS files but they seem to be important.

There's also an export log file (.TXT) and a .LOG file that seems to log all the text strings and challenge data.

If it helps there's a program that can do part of what I'm asking (it exports the levels to an .OBJ), but it misses out a lot of stuff - there are missing objects, textures, no vertex colours, etc. I've attached it if you wanna have a look. It also only works with the Gamecube/Xbox versions.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Attachments:
ZAxisLevelTool.zip [23.36 KiB]
Downloaded 13 times

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 am 

Bump...?

I've uploaded the full contents of the level folders of each version of the game to Mega: https://mega.nz/#F!ZcsVVCxS!SERX_B9eMnq2U3nL6tPuwQ

The PS2 version has the most unused stuff in it, so would prefer to be able to extract those. BMS script attached to this post can extract models from the .GEO file.

The tool attached to the OP will export from the GC and Xbox versions, but Xbox levels wont export textures. (Xbox version has an exclusive level which is actually also present on the PS2 disc but PS2 version doesn't have any textures)

Thanks!

Attachments:
AggressiveInlineZITto3ds.bms [10.91 KiB]
Downloaded 4 times

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:29 am 

g00dman wrote:
.TXR file contains textures.

here is Noesis python script to open your xbox txr samples. :D
Attachment:
tex_AggressiveInline_Xbox_txr.zip [816 Bytes]
Downloaded 6 times

supports dxt3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:05 pm 

Sweet, thanks! These textures seem to be higher resolution than both the PS2 and Gamecube textures (explains the much bigger fle size, ha), cool :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:59 pm 

I think I've figured out what makes the tool attached to the OP miss out some objects on import. Several types of objects are defined with a 'def' in the name, like GlassDef, PropDef, CarDef, etc. in the .GEO file, but in the .INS file the 'def' is dropped.