ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:26 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:03 pm 

Hello.

I'm looking for a solution to extract videos from Tekken Tag Tournament 2 game (360, PS3 or Wii U).

In the past I was able to extract the videos from Tekken 6 with the Xbox 360 version thanks to xbdecompress. Then I was able to extract the files BIN and IDX files and find all the videos with poopypants. The problem with Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is that I don't have access to IDX files after running Xbox Backup Creator. So I can't proceed to the step which allows to find the different videos of the game.

So I have no idea where the video files can be or how to access them. With Tekken 6, when I found the files, I had to replace the BIN format with WMV to be able to read them. So I wanted to try randomly for TTT2 BIN files and I discovered that one file (data004) had a duration of 1:12:49 by trying to run it on VLC although it's not playable in WMV format. So I was wondering if it was possible that the videos are in this file.

Sorry for the confused explanation and thanks in advance for your help!

Here the link for data004.bin :
https://mega.nz/file/KoEXxKbB#hql_AizEl ... BjjoZklyGk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:32 pm 

After some research, I think I have found exactly where the video (and probably audio) files are located, without knowing how to access them.

Those BIN files start with "ftypnrfi" when you open it up in a hex editor. There are about ten of them. Any idea to access to them?

I put a link to access to the BIN file 042 : https://mega.nz/file/z41yjQbL#I9xlR4_7W ... OaI-2ZWf9g

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:02 am 

Finally I found the solution with the PS3 files. Using Aluigi's script, I was able to extract the PAM files and extract the videos.