ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:13 pm 

Hello
I am trying to convert the audio from the game The Adventures of Tintin; the secret of the unicorn into normal sound files. The file I am trying to convert is tintin.pc.wav.bf
What I have been able to accomplish so far is the following:

I was able to convert the audio using the tintin.bms script from QuickBMS. This created a lot of folders in which the sounds were stored. These are all 0-1 second long and unplayable in any app I know of, except Audacity.
In there, The files seem a bit weird. I'll leave an example to download.

I'd really want to have all the music and sounds in normal files, because I really like it. Can anyone help me?
I am aware there has been a discussion about this before, but that didn't help me (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4031)

Attachments:
File comment: This zip contains the output I got from audacity.
Here is what it should sound like:
https://youtu.be/zhUGdrmxDCg

MyOutput.zip [4.34 MiB]
Downloaded 23 times

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:31 pm 

If you've already used Aluigi's tintin.bms script, it seems like the extracted .wav files have some issues. But if you rename them all to .ogg, they will play in the likes of Foobar. Example attached that plays fine for me.

Attachments:
PIRATA$1350.ogg [85.31 KiB]
Downloaded 21 times

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:04 pm 

DKDave wrote:
If you've already used Aluigi's tintin.bms script, it seems like the extracted .wav files have some issues. But if you rename them all to .ogg, they will play in the likes of Foobar. Example attached that plays fine for me.

I've tried this. Some audio, like small sentences, work fine. Music sadly remains like the original shared file. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:16 pm 

Can you post the full .bf archive? Judging from the file table, it should be about 65 MB.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:48 am 

DKDave wrote:
Can you post the full .bf archive? Judging from the file table, it should be about 65 MB.

the bigfiles folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\De avonturen van Kuifje - Het Geheim van de Eenhoorn\BigFiles is 7.4 Gigabyte. I don't think my pc can upload that.