ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:54 pm 

Hi all

Complete newbie here so I apologise in advance if I make any mistakes or ask really dumb questions... :)

I'm attempting to rip the audio from this game but am not having any luck so far. I've tried using a piece of software called MFAUDIO but, from what I can tell, I need to enter exact settings for Frequency, Samples, Channels, Interleave + Offset - and it's a matter of guesswork as to what these settings are as they're different for every game... :shock:

Does anyone know if there's a giant list somewhere that has all these figures for each game? Or if there's another piece of software I could use that can make the task easier?

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:04 pm 

Use this QuickBMS script to extract the contents of the .ARK archives. The audio all seems to be in the .bd/.hd files, so you can use something like VGMTrans on those to get the proper audio.

Attachments:
ark.bms [1.11 KiB]
Downloaded 26 times

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:33 pm 

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Have managed to extract a stack of folders with tons of files in them, including .hd and .bd ones...

Am having a go at converting them with VGMTrans right now. I'm not really sure what I'm doing but, bear with... :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:18 pm 

Nope, I don't have a clue what I'm doing. Can someone help explain what I need to do in VGMTrans? I can open the .hd and .bd files in it and it's coming up with Sample Collections and Instrument Sets, but I can't see how you convert or export to a different format...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:03 pm 

I couldn't get VGMTrans to work properly either, so I've done this script to extract them instead. It works on the few HD/BD files I've tested, so should work for any others. Use the HD file as the input for the script.

Attachments:
PS2_HD-BD.bms [1.59 KiB]
Downloaded 27 times

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:22 pm 

Thanks! :)

Ok...... I've now extracted a huge number of .VAG files from the .HD files - and have converted a few to WAV files. But, they just sound like individual loops, beats, etc - not actual songs. Do I need to run them through something else to put the songs together or something?

(again, please forgive my ignorance, this isn't something I usually do...)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:16 pm 

*Bump*

Still stuck on this, any further advice gratefully appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:07 am 

Maybe you can try ask around in HCS forum: https://hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php. Give them the sample files too don't forget (the BD and HD as well the MIDI files).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:59 pm 

Will give it a go, thanks.