This is my first post here, I hope I can help publishing this, because I saw that there are a lot of people of this community interested in extracting sound effects and musics from Eurocom games.
I'm creating a tool that probably a lot of people would like to use, it's called "EuroSound Soundbanks Explorer".
Foremost I would like to explain a bit more the situation, in 2017 the original tools for Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy game were released, but we had a bit problem, the audio tool (EuroSound) has couldn't be recovered, but thanks to Swyter (the PC port dev) we could get the official file format documentation for the SFX files of Sphinx, and some info about the audio tools.
We have recreated the two EuroSounds that Eurocom had:
- EuroSound Editor: Used to create soundbanks for the game (only compatible for Sphinx for now)
- EuroSound Explorer: Used to explore the SFX files for multiple checks.
With all of this information, now we are trying to add support to more games, here is the list of supported games:
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds (GameCube/PlayStation 2/Xbox)
- Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy - (GameCube / PlayStation 2 / PC/Xbox)
- Athens 2004 - (PlayStation 2)
- Spyro: A Hero's Tail - (GameCube / PlayStation 2 / Xbox)
- Robots 2005 - (GameCube / PlayStation 2 / PC / Xbox)
- Predator: Concrete Jungle - (PlayStation 2 / Xbox)
- Batman Begins - (GameCube / PlayStation 2 / Xbox)
- Ice Age 2: The Meltdown - (PlayStation 2 / PC / Xbox / WII)
Any suggestions to improve my tool or help me to decode more formats is welcome.
Sphinx Discord (we have a channel only for Eurocom Tools)https://discordapp.com/invite/sphinx
SFX Files documentation:https://sphinxandthecursedmummy.fandom.com/wiki/SFX