ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax
It is currently Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:20 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Encoding .vp6 videos
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:45 pm 

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:10 pm
Posts: 36
I have an issue here. I am converting commonly used .mp4 files to .avi via VirtualDub, I use video codec VP60, audio bitrate 44100 Hz, stereo and 16-bit, bicubic scaling, but when I want to convert this exported .avi to .vp6 using EA VP6 Builder, Error 9 appears. I don't quite know why it happens.
The only thing I know is that when input file has directory C:/file.avi, progress bar starts, but in the end the same error appears.

What else do I have to do to make custom .vp6 video?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Encoding .vp6 videos
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:23 am
Posts: 248
IIRC the audio stream must be converted separately so you must export the avi file without the audio then supply the audio later by exporting it to wav then convert it with Sound eXchange (sx.exe) tool


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Encoding .vp6 videos
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:53 pm 

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:10 pm
Posts: 36
BloodRaynare wrote:
IIRC the audio stream must be converted separately so you must export the avi file without the audio then supply the audio later by exporting it to wav then convert it with Sound eXchange (sx.exe) tool

Where can I find Sound eXchange?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Encoding .vp6 videos
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:23 am
Posts: 248
Skoczek wrote:
Where can I find Sound eXchange?


You can find it here at this post: viewtopic.php?t=8868#p40480


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Encoding .vp6 videos
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:30 pm 

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:10 pm
Posts: 36
BloodRaynare wrote:
Skoczek wrote:
Where can I find Sound eXchange?


You can find it here at this post: viewtopic.php?t=8868#p40480

The question now is how and to what convert. I see the manual, but if you say that audio needs to be converted separately, I want to know how to convert audio to be used to this process.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Encoding .vp6 videos
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:51 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:23 am
Posts: 248
Skoczek wrote:
The question now is how and to what convert. I see the manual, but if you say that audio needs to be converted separately, I want to know how to convert audio to be used to this process.


Export the audio stream as wav file (You can do this with VirtualDub, go to "File" then "Save WAV") , export it to VP6 avi without audio (Select "No audio" from the "audio" menu), then run the conversion with SX like this:

Code:
sx -sndstream -eaxa_blk source.wav -=source.asf


Change "source.wav" and "source.asf" to the name of the audio you just exported from the video file.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited