ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:25 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:50 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:22 pm
Posts: 74
Hi, I know there's a thread already explaining how to de-interleave XVAG, but I didn't know if it was the same for PS4. I opened them up in a hex editor, and saw that the XVAG has it's own little Wav file kind of encoded inside of it, but cutting all the bytes before the "riff" part and saving it as a wav yields a "Missing ACM Codec" error message from vgmstream. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction with these. Any help would be appreciated!

Best,
Anexenaumoon

Attachment:
XVAG samples.zip [214.65 KiB]
Downloaded 58 times


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:24 pm 

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:25 am
Posts: 122
The files are just ATRAC-9 with an XVAG header attached. Remove all the data before "RIFF" and then use the ATRAC-9 decoder to decode the audio files.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:14 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:22 pm
Posts: 74
brendan19 wrote:
The files are just ATRAC-9 with an XVAG header attached. Remove all the data before "RIFF" and then use the ATRAC-9 decoder to decode the audio files.


Thanks. I got it working now


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:21 am 

Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:18 am
Posts: 2
Anexenaumoon wrote:
brendan19 wrote:
The files are just ATRAC-9 with an XVAG header attached. Remove all the data before "RIFF" and then use the ATRAC-9 decoder to decode the audio files.


Thanks. I got it working now


so were you able to extract all the sound effects??


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:11 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:22 pm
Posts: 74
spennser wrote:
Anexenaumoon wrote:
brendan19 wrote:
The files are just ATRAC-9 with an XVAG header attached. Remove all the data before "RIFF" and then use the ATRAC-9 decoder to decode the audio files.


Thanks. I got it working now


so were you able to extract all the sound effects??


Yea wasn't too hard


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:03 pm 

Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:18 am
Posts: 2
Anexenaumoon wrote:
spennser wrote:
Anexenaumoon wrote:

Thanks. I got it working now


so were you able to extract all the sound effects??


Yea wasn't too hard


Do you have all the files on google drive or anything? I would love to get ahold of them - I've been dying to get the gun and melee SFX for a long time now!


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:07 pm 

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:11 pm
Posts: 41
The latest vgmstream release now supports these XVAG right out of the box without removing any extra data.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited