ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:33 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:18 pm 

This format is used in Street fighter alpha 2 & 3 for Sega Saturn.

But I cant find a way to play them in a perfect way...

They are PCM Raw - BIG endian 32000hz (or 22050 hz) but the music sounds distorted with this in goldwave or audacity

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find some guy message saying this:

From what I see in the GENHs from SF Alpha 2:

Input File Format: PCM RAW (Big Endian)
Header Skip: 0
Interleave: 0x1000
Channels: 2
Frequency: 32000

I'll hunt Protools down and try it. Right now I only got CoolEdit2K and Goldwave.

But the files aren't in the wrong speed. The are in the wrong pitch. If I load them at 22KHz, they play at the proper pitch, but at half the speed. I have to apply a pitch change with time preservation to get the proper sounding file.

Maybe it's due to the embbed Qsound data. I didn't know that the Capcom sound drivers for their Saturn games had such level of complexity, decoding Qsound in real time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the music doesnt sound good. Can someone help me with this? I want to change the soundtrack of these games , but i cant find the perfect settings to create new .mus files.

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vV0Dg ... A7VpD2QxKU