ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:09 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:57 am 

Hi all, I need help extracting the dialogue files from the game and edit them.
The uses the same game engine as Tokyo Xtreme Racer 0.

The character dialogue texts in this game are textures, I found the textures being contained within the .dat file of the game. The .dat contains multiple TM2 files.

I tried splitting them into individual TM2 files and opening them in TM2 Rainbow and Noesis. Rainbow is unable to read the texture and Noesis just crashes upon opening them.

Appreciated if anyone could help out on this one, would be useful for making a English patch for it.

Below is the sample file of the .dat that contains the textures (requires splitting) :

Attachments:
File comment: Container for the multiple TM2 files
00000154.dat [1.31 MiB]
Downloaded 16 times

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:54 am 

The TM2 files are compressed, that's why it crashed in Noesis/doesn't open in Rainbow. Unfortunately, the compression algorithm is unknown, so nothing can be done ATM. In order to crack the compression algorithm, you'll have to reverse engineer the game which is not an easy task, especially if the game didn't leave any debug symbols intact, by using Ghidra or PCSX2 debugger.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:43 am 

BloodRaynare wrote:
The TM2 files are compressed, that's why it crashed in Noesis/doesn't open in Rainbow. Unfortunately, the compression algorithm is unknown, so nothing can be done ATM. In order to crack the compression algorithm, you'll have to reverse engineer the game which is not an easy task, especially if the game didn't leave any debug symbols intact, by using Ghidra or PCSX2 debugger.

I see, thanks for the info. Probably will have a look at it again some other time, still a noob on reverse engineering.

Thanks again.