i'm currently working on a mod for "SSX Tricky" on the PS2. I've managed to replace the final release board textures with the ones used in the late beta stage. (They can be found in the SSX Tricky Demo released on the "Winter Jampack 2001" Demo-Disc). I just replaced the final games' "TEXPS2.big" file with the one from the demo disc.
However, many boards use placeholder textures (Plain white boards with the text "board1" to "board12" on them.) I'd like to replace those with the ones used in the final game.
I can't find a working program to extract the .ssh textures out of the "TEXPS2.big" file. The program "EAGT" only extracts a 0byte sized file with the extension ".lst" and using QuickBMS, I get the following errors:(Using Big4 script:)
- signature of 3 bytes at offset 0x0000000000000000 doesn't match the one
expected by the script:
this one: "'"
c0 fb 27 ..'
42 49 47 BIG
- 0 files found in 0 seconds
coverage file 0 0% 3 5247378 . offset 0000000000000003(Using EB script:)
Error: the uncompressed data (-1) is bigger than the allocated buffer (2594305)
Last script line before the error or that produced the error:
227 clog NAME OFFSET ZSIZE SIZE
There's also the program "finalbig". It didn't detect the "TEXPS2.big" file format right away, but asked to "try anyway" and listed the textures. However when I try to extract these, all of them are around 500mb big (wich doesn't make sense to me) and they can't be opened in eagt (Program crashes with "runtime error '9' : subscript out of range"
Here's proof of what I managed so far:https://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/v ... 69#p333069