ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:33 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 10:47 pm 

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:52 am
Posts: 555
Thank you so much Sprit. But after running the script for several hours. All the assets I get are unreadable.
Image
I think it stops here and just hangs on this file too.
Image
Hopefully its only because the script discovery at the moment. But I cant seem to get anything readable.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:44 am 

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:00 pm
Posts: 396
@DJ Normality: Please read my base post carefully, it's explained there why it may "hang" on some big files. The script is actually too complex, so it will rather crash than just hangs, but you can check this out by uncommenting certain section in the script to skip such files (though you will skip some big movie files as well).
And the game is not supported by umodel at the moment, it has noticeably different format inside the assets, except for main engine features. Unfortunately, Gildor don't have enough time to work of this due to real-life matters, complexity of the format and lack of freely debuggable exe. But he is aware of recent news (such as b2container format) and willing to support the game when it will be possible for him.

_________________
You can request AES keys on rin forums (the list with keys is also there)
AES keys finder and latest UE4 bms scripts: in this post


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 12:36 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 12341
OT: Just a little tip when quickbms takes tons of memory or is very slow, use the -9 option from command-line. It disables a slow security feature and makes the tool working like any other normal software.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:49 pm 

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:22 pm
Posts: 6
I found out where I was mistaken.
Basically I was using an outdated version of GearGame.b2index file!
Now the script works just fine!


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 1:43 am 

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:52 am
Posts: 555
spiritovod wrote:
@DJ Normality: Please read my base post carefully, it's explained there why it may "hang" on some big files. The script is actually too complex, so it will rather crash than just hangs, but you can check this out by uncommenting certain section in the script to skip such files (though you will skip some big movie files as well).
And the game is not supported by umodel at the moment, it has noticeably different format inside the assets, except for main engine features. Unfortunately, Gildor don't have enough time to work of this due to real-life matters, complexity of the format and lack of freely debuggable exe. But he is aware of recent news (such as b2container format) and willing to support the game when it will be possible for him.



Understood. Thanks again for all your work. Ill just see what I can get from Model Researcher until the time comes.

aluigi wrote:
OT: Just a little tip when quickbms takes tons of memory or is very slow, use the -9 option from command-line. It disables a slow security feature and makes the tool working like any other normal software.



I will most certainly do that next time. Thanks Aluigi!


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 9:06 am 

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:34 am
Posts: 37
Hello, can we do localization on the game with this command and do you have any idea about which file the language files are in?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 12:48 pm 

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:00 pm
Posts: 396
Thanks for the tip, aluigi, but in this case there is no visible difference for extraction speed, 10-20sec for 10min interval is within error margin for every run. While using -Q for suppressing all "open file" messages will noticeably reduce extraction time, especially for raw extract version of the script. You may consider adding a feature for suppressing such messages separately in future releases, but it's not a big deal, because formats like that are very rare and appear one time in a decade.
I'm more interested, is that possible to pass various mem files for log command on a condition (for caching purposes). For example, if I need to cache latest 10 used mem files and re-use them on condition, like:
1) Store usage of latest mem files in array (file name, mem file)
2) Check if mem file for such file name is already exist - if not, add it to array or replace existing one, if array is already full
3) Pass that changing mem file to log command
Omitting part with array and checks, which is quite obvious, building variable for different mem files is questionable - somehow like [string MEM = "MEMORY_FILE" , string MEM + i, log MEM OFFSET SIZE]. It may sound dumb, but I didn't even test possibilities yet.

@sinnerclown380: I was already asked about it in PM, so I'll just quote myself: "Due to the format complexity, I'm almost sure there will not be any tool or script with reimport function not now, nor in the future. It has too many cross-references (probably for multi-threading purposes) and the script is parsing like 1/3 of of them. I can imagine only manual edit of files, which are one-file-in-single-chunk-in-single-block files, but there are very few of them actually."
Theoretically replacing files via hooking should work, but currently the game is using EAC because of multiplayer features, so general hooks will not work and moreover, it will be illegal and may lead to account ban.

_________________
You can request AES keys on rin forums (the list with keys is also there)
AES keys finder and latest UE4 bms scripts: in this post


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 12:57 pm 

Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:34 am
Posts: 37
spiritovod wrote:
Thanks for the tip, aluigi, but in this case there is no visible difference for extraction speed, 10-20sec for 10min interval is within error margin for every run. While using -Q for suppressing all "open file" messages will noticeably reduce extraction time, especially for raw extract version of the script. You may consider adding a feature for suppressing such messages separately in future releases, but it's not a big deal, because formats like that are very rare and appear one time in a decade.
I'm more interested, is that possible to pass various mem files for log command on a condition (for caching purposes). For example, if I need to cache latest 10 used mem files and re-use them on condition, like:
1) Store usage of latest mem files in array (file name, mem file)
2) Check if mem file for such file name is already exist - if not, add it to array or replace existing one, if array is already full
3) Pass that changing mem file to log command
Omitting part with array and checks, which is quite obvious, building variable for different mem files is questionable - somehow like [string MEM = "MEMORY_FILE" , string MEM + i, log MEM OFFSET SIZE]. It may sound dumb, but I didn't even test possibilities yet.

@sinnerclown380: I was already asked about it in PM, so I'll just quote myself: "Due to the format complexity, I'm almost sure there will not be any tool or script with reimport function not now, nor in the future. It has too many cross-references (probably for multi-threading purposes) and the script is parsing like 1/3 of of them. I can imagine only manual edit of files, which are one-file-in-single-chunk-in-single-block files, but there are very few of them actually."
Theoretically replacing files via hooking should work, but currently the game is using EAC because of multiplayer features, so general hooks will not work and moreover, it will be illegal and may lead to account ban.


Thanks for lighting up, spiritovod


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 1:31 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 12341
spiritovod wrote:
Thanks for the tip, aluigi, but in this case there is no visible difference for extraction speed, 10-20sec for 10min interval is within error margin for every run. While using -Q for suppressing all "open file" messages will noticeably reduce extraction time, especially for raw extract version of the script. You may consider adding a feature for suppressing such messages separately in future releases

Minimizing the quickbms window usually improve the speed N times when there are many loaded/extracted files.
It's a limitation of the command-line dialog of Windows (cmd.exe) which has ever been incredibly slow since the old command.com on Win9x.

spiritovod wrote:
1) Store usage of latest mem files in array (file name, mem file)
2) Check if mem file for such file name is already exist - if not, add it to array or replace existing one, if array is already full
3) Pass that changing mem file to log command
Omitting part with array and checks, which is quite obvious, building variable for different mem files is questionable - somehow like [string MEM = "MEMORY_FILE" , string MEM + i, log MEM OFFSET SIZE]. It may sound dumb, but I didn't even test possibilities yet.

I guess quickbms may not be the best solution in this case :(


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:17 pm 

Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:42 pm
Posts: 12
spiritovod wrote:
@DJ Normality: Please read my base post carefully, it's explained there why it may "hang" on some big files. The script is actually too complex, so it will rather crash than just hangs, but you can check this out by uncommenting certain section in the script to skip such files (though you will skip some big movie files as well).
And the game is not supported by umodel at the moment, it has noticeably different format inside the assets, except for main engine features. Unfortunately, Gildor don't have enough time to work of this due to real-life matters, complexity of the format and lack of freely debuggable exe. But he is aware of recent news (such as b2container format) and willing to support the game when it will be possible for him.


I think someone already find out how extract models from Gears Tactics using the .bms for unpack the models. Sadly a NSFW creator that wouldn't mentioned how he manages to get the model.

Because umodel still doesn't recognize the format of the unpacked uasset


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited