ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Treasure Cove
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:15 pm 

Hi. I have a real challenge for people who like to rip sprites. I am trying to rip all the sprites and backgrounds from Treasure Cove, which is an old DOS game. Now, I tried to find Bitmap signatures in the executable, with no luck. However, there’s some Bitmap signatures in the file "TCVSOUND.DLL", as well as "TCV16.DLL". Now, if you are trying to look at the earlier version, the aforementioned files will have the same name, just a different extension (TLD). I initially thought that "TCVSOUND.DLL" only contained data on the sound for the game, but, upon inspection with IDA, if you find "seg000:28335", you will be able to see data for "aRhymeStoryWord", and it appears that they are storing information about more than just sounds in that file. I strongly suspect that that’s where the sprites are stored. However, I am not sure how to verify my theory. The version with the DLL files is version 2.

If anyone can help me out, that would be great. Thanks.