ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:53 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:20 pm 

I've been trying to rip the dialogue sprites from Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess for a couple of days now, but with no real success.

It's a game I own on PS4, and I noticed that no-one's ever ripped any sprites or textures from it, or at least anyone who has hasn't uploaded it - however, some people have exported models from the game. My issue is that I've downloaded multiple versions of the US ISO for the PS3 version of the game, and I can't quite wrap my head around how to go about ripping the sprites from the decrypted files; it's the general set-up you'd have when preparing a PS3 game as a folder, to emulate with RPCS3. I have successfully emulated the game in RPCS3, by the way - everything works, although the screen goes black sometimes in 3D environments, which I suspect is simply a result of my personal emulator settings. Right now, I'm poking around the files of a Japanese version of the game, and I've found a large file named "archive00.lnk"; I suspect that the majority of the game's assets are inside that file, but I've not had much success in getting it open. I imagine it may be something to do with changing the file extension to .bin, but I wouldn't know how to peak inside from there.

It's also worth noting that I poked around in the files of a PS VITA ISO of the game. The other version of the game with less content, Blood Ties. The files inside seem to be extremely similar.

Sorry, if I'm explaining this in a confusing or incorrect way - I'm totally open to take any questions, if it helps. Any help and advice is appreciated. Thanks!