ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:44 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Zip size limited
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:34 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:22 am
Posts: 73
is there any why to import file in zip without reCreate header?
i need to replace a file in a game, zip.bms is good and works, but cant import in bigger size
if i use zip tools like winrar, then game cant run

how can i import a file in zip (PK header) without rebuilding archive or reCreat full header


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Zip size limited
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:38 pm 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9478
Winrar creates normal zip files, if the game doesn't work with them it means it's a non-standard zip archive (this is why you need zip.bms?) or the game checks some hashes for each file.
Name of the game?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Zip size limited
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:23 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:22 am
Posts: 73
aluigi wrote:
Winrar creates normal zip files, if the game doesn't work with them it means it's a non-standard zip archive (this is why you need zip.bms?) or the game checks some hashes for each file.
Name of the game?


no, zip.bms and zip2.bms is perfect and game can run without any bug or problem
and does'nt have CRC or HASHING Scanner

game name is nexuiz


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Zip size limited
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:47 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9478
I don't remember what non-standard version of ZIP is used in Nexuiz, maybe a compression algorithm not available in standard ZIP.
But in theory reimport2 should work.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Zip size limited
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:29 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:22 am
Posts: 73
aluigi wrote:
I don't remember what non-standard version of ZIP is used in Nexuiz, maybe a compression algorithm not available in standard ZIP.
But in theory reimport2 should work.


reimport2 cant work on any zip, but import and export is ok


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Zip size limited
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:51 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9478
Upload one of the original zip files of this game.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Zip size limited
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:09 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:22 am
Posts: 73
aluigi wrote:
Upload one of the original zip files of this game.


here a .obb for android
using same method and cant import bigger than original

when i replace a file in OBB with winrar or 7z: game will crash
when i change a text and use zip.bms and reimport in .obb, game can works with edited text!

file:
Download APK File
Download OBB (Main Data (need to import))


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Zip size limited
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:49 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9478
Ah right, ZIP files are sequential and so they can't be reimported with reimport2.

Long story short:
- "End of central directory record" points to the array of "Central directory structure"
- each "Central directory structure" points to each "Local file header"
- "Local file header" is followed by the compressed data without any offset to modify if the file is bigger
https://pkware.cachefly.net/webdocs/cas ... PPNOTE.TXT

Long story even shorter:
if quickbms tells you that it can't reimport a bigger file... trust it! :D


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Zip size limited
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:47 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:22 am
Posts: 73
thank you reply

(Recreating file from scratch! too.. :D )


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Zip size limited
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:10 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 9478
Just curious, what happens if you create the OBB file with winrar/7zip using the "store" method (no compression)?


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Zip size limited
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:10 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:22 am
Posts: 73
aluigi wrote:
Just curious, what happens if you create the OBB file with winrar/7zip using the "store" method (no compression)?


game will stuck with a black screen (even with Decompressed file!)
many games (A lot Of Games!) created with such OBB Header
its very great if someone can solve it


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Zip size limited
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:39 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:04 am
Posts: 161
Shokoniraya wrote:
aluigi wrote:
Just curious, what happens if you create the OBB file with winrar/7zip using the "store" method (no compression)?


game will stuck with a black screen (even with Decompressed file!)
many games (A lot Of Games!) created with such OBB Header
its very great if someone can solve it


don't change header parameters, that is the only problem, anyway, recreating will create a different file, as i know, obb it's just using android file, try re-writing a file and tell me what happen, (del and rewrite)

_________________
Be Good, Even in distressing or defamation and chill, Even Everyone's Called You a Bad Guy Or Lier and Mad


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited