ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:37 am 

I'll have to follow this topic. Seeing Indy/Buffy crossover stuff makes me wonder if this would apply to the Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith since it's the same developer and same platform.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:21 am 

Teancum wrote:
I'll have to follow this topic. Seeing Indy/Buffy crossover stuff makes me wonder if this would apply to the Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith since it's the same developer and same platform.

did it use the slayer engine?

****EDIT****
nevermind, just checked it DOES use the same format

pak files have changed though/// buffy pak extractor bms won't read them

and seems to do things a little different, doesn't store temp files to the HD so nothing in cxbx is stored in the emulated HD partition

Last edited by medievil on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:37 am 

also Marc Eckō's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure pc game is the slayer engine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:14 pm 

medievil wrote:
also Marc Eckō's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure pc game is the slayer engine

I believe that Silent Hill Homecoming is also based on a modified version of the Slayer Engine - i think it was one of the later games developed by The Collective before they became Double Helix Games.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:59 pm 

the Contents Under Pressure pc engine is a no go, they changed the texture formats (st instead of mtx) so they are complete unknowns...some of the st's look like simple header files without any textures in them...and the texture names are no longer listed inside (likely they are now compressed or encrypted)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:21 am 

Hi Medievil, I was just wondering if you managed to make any progress on this project, or is it on the back burner for now?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:35 am 

PRP1986 wrote:
Hi Medievil, I was just wondering if you managed to make any progress on this project, or is it on the back burner for now?

DOA.. there is simply no way to get the buffy animations to work on the indy engine, it won't take them because they were made with a different version of the engine, and without the original source, no way to convert them...
there is other hope though.. cxbx-r is getting further along, you can actually play the game (missing character's at the moment, but the shadow is there so you can see where you are)
they are currently working on a number of things, like proper cpu emulation which will greatly increase compatibility and help with speed.. and they just moved form dx8 to dx9 (xbox and pc dx8 were pretty different, pc dx8 lacked many things..dx9 has more stuff and much better shader support).. it has been stated that even in it's current state, once they add a proper vertex cache system, speed will jump way up as thats currently the biggest thing slowing it down