ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:53 am 

Hi, i've successfully used quick bms on many games but lego star wars the force awakens seems to be having issues. It keeps saying "Alert: the CRC of the file ... has not been found I extract the current file" on pretty much every file (in the dat) and the end result is partially legible files, with lots of garbled nonsense in the beginning. Luckily the first (most of the actual game.dat files are having this problem) one of the files having the issue is only 484MB so here is a link to it Game.dat hopefully this can be sorted out quickly.
P.S. I've also tried it with the 4gb version and an older version of quickbms

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:10 am 
Site Admin

Download the current script 0.9.11, open it with a text editor and set FORCE_CRC_BITS from 0 to 32.
This is one of those cases in which auto-guessing fails.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 8:37 am 

aluigi wrote:
Download the current script 0.9.11, open it with a text editor and set FORCE_CRC_BITS from 0 to 32.
This is one of those cases in which auto-guessing fails.

This worked great, thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:23 pm 

Update:
A few files are still corrupted (ex ADMIRALACKBAR.TXT in \CHARS\MINIFIGS\ADMIRALACKBAR along with one other directory) but way better than before. It had the same error as before but only on the files in three directories admiral ackbar, macetrooper, and PZ-4CO. They are towards the end of the dat file. I'm not the only one with this issue, someone in a steam discussion (response #26, and #27) specifically mentions Admiral Ackbar and the Macetrooper being corrupted after extraction, and I'm pretty sure they experienced the same issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

The file is not corrupted due to a bug, it's just the first filename available since no other names matched the hash.
The alternative was not extracting the file at all or using a dummy filename.
It's not a bug since the crc is correctly calculated using the full filename in capital letters with backslashes, in fact only 9 files have this problem on the thousands available in the archive.