ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:11 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:38 pm 

So, Good news and bad news - First off is I've been able to actually get a hold of a preserved download link of the English version of the App. The bad news is... All these file extensions save for one of them are unknown.

TEST SAMPLE - WARNING: LOUD ((Please note I got these files to play perfectly fine after finding out that CAF files are just a simple apple sound file extension))
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mi4mbcpiu ... nicnep.wav

all_pk.kog seems to be where I presume all of the basic assets are included in, While the stray CAF files that were included within the app archive are actually importable into Audacity (although demonic and ear-rapingly loud) I can clearly make out voices, They seem to be the "Nep Alarm" function in particular and played when your phone was in sleep mode. Does anybody know how to open up the allpaks directory in that case? Because I assume a few other files like this are hidden in there somewhere. I imported it into Audacity and I swear here and there I can make out very inaudiable sped-up voices.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5zckl4ba3 ... nepios.zip

Last edited by Mario123311 on Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:38 am 

links are broken, use
Code:
[url]URL[/url]
instead of just pasting them in

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:46 pm 

Apologies, Links should be fixed now. I was copy/pasting from my thread on XenTAX.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:57 am 
Site Admin

Mario123311 wrote:
Apologies, Links should be fixed now. I was copy/pasting from my thread on XenTAX.

Even your post there had the same problem :D Probably you were copy/pasting it from somewhere else too

Ah, that kog file seems obfuscated.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:57 am 

Think you can get it to extract at all? I’ve heard of some people getting this to open but I haven’t seen actual proof. Then again this app is pretty darn old.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:42 am 
Site Admin

I don't see a way to deobfuscate it easily and quickly.