These are NOT
end-user tools, these tools are only for tests and the subject of this topic is only about the tests results, no requests.Introduction
I'm a big fan of the Assassin's Creed franchise and I'll love see MODs for this games, and I always wanted see all people playing this games on your native language, so I decided made a tool to explore this *.forge files to make possible do translations and MODs, but this files are a mess and work on this becomed a hell hard and boring thing, so I'm really tired of working on these tools, there are many games and hundreds of thousands of files to test, so I come here to ask for help from the community to perform the tests.
The compression speed is terrible, big files can take several minutes to a full export and hours to a full import, so I decided separate into two tool. The first one export the files from the *.forge package, the second one decompress(if compressed) and export Resources(if is a Resource Collection) from *.data files exported from the *.forge package. Keep on your mind that some files exported from the *.forge files already are resources, so DATA tool will not work on this files.Supported Games- Assassin's Creed
- Assassin's Creed II
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
- Assassin's Creed Revelations
- Assassin's Creed III
- Assassin's Creed Liberation HD
- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
- Assassin's Creed Rogue
- Assassin's Creed Unity
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate
- Assassin's Creed Origins
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey
- Prince of Persia
- Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands
- Shaun White Snowboarding
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six SiegeUnsupported Games- For Honor
The files looks obfuscated, I opened a discussion for anyone who wants to analyze the files: https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9069- STEEP
I don't have the game.How to Help
- First of all: See Readme.txt
- Export the files from a *.forge package;
- Export the Resources from ONE of these *.data files;
- Import the Resources back without modifications;
- Import this *.data file back to the *.forge package;
- Test if the game works with this new package;
- Repeat previous steps but with a different *.data file, and so on...
- Report in this topic the results, mentioning the name of the game, name of the package and name of the data file.ToolsUbisoft FORGE Tool [PC]
By DeluttoUbisoft_Forge_Tool_By_Delutto.7zUbisoft DATA Tool [PC] - Alpha 1
Alpha 1 - 12/30/2018Faq
- BugFix: Open File Dialog without file extension filter.
- BugFix: Compressed blocks with the same size of decompressed data, making the game think that are a uncompressed blocks.
- BugFix: Import function getting a wrong input filename, copying the original data instead the exported file.
Alpha 0 - 12/29/2018
- First alpha release.
Q - Will be added support to console versions?
A - No.
Q - Will have a x86 version of the tools?
A - No.
Q - Will be added support to the localization files?
A - This is my main goal, I'll try.
Q - Will be added support to the texture files?
A - I'll try.
Q - Will be added support to models and 3D stuff?
A - No. I have no knowledge about this stuff.
Q - When the tool will become a beta or release version?
A - As soon the tests proving that everthing is working well.
Q - Can I send you a MP making a request?
A - Definitely no.
but my problem is when i import my edited Localization (using Ubisoft_DATA_Tool) to data format I see my changes have not been applied to the file