ZenHAX

Free Game Research Forum | Official QuickBMS support | twitter @zenhax | SSL HTTPS://zenhax.com
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:18 am 

Hey guys, I am completely new to the Hex Editing and QuickBMS! I love the program, however I am completely lost when It comes to creating my own scripts. I'm not asking for handouts but I was hoping maybe someone could give me some advice/point me in the direction of some good videos for Exporting files from an .ESF Archive. I use scripts that people have generated in the past to export items, characters and map files as .3ds files. However, I was hoping to get Images, sound files and maybe animation files if possible. But I don't have a clue where to start. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:30 am 
Site Admin

2 things missing:
- name of the game
- sample file

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:55 pm 

Heres a link to the ESF file:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wDJAIlKdGkmf3EvY_cVlJbGsjiTsp_3l
Heres a link to the example Code which is used to extract items with UV's from the game:https://drive.google.com/open?id=19IXLGoMmB0N0pO6rKVwH6Vh5yj4eVx8Q

The name of the game is Everquest Online Adventures - Frontiers.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:20 pm 

Could really use some help please

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:44 am 
Site Admin

The script you provided seems to consider the files as 3d images (.3ds extension) while the archive you provided contains PS adpcm audio data, maybe it's a video and what I recognize is the audio track.

The following script extract the files "as-is" but I don't think it may be useful:
Code:
idstring "FJBO"
get VER long
goto 0x30
get OFFSET long
get FILES long
math OFFSET + 0x44
goto OFFSET
get FILES long
for i = 0 < FILES
    get OFFSET long
    get ZERO long
    get SIZE long
    get SOME_CRC long
    log "" OFFSET SIZE
next i

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:41 am 

The example script I supplied is a script I've used to extract .3ds files in the past which explains the confusion with .3ds files. I don't know a whole lot about this stuff so I wasn't sure if the script I provided was useful in any way for extracting the audio files. But I was hoping to maybe get those audio files as a .wav or something? If thats possible?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:21 pm 

Or maybe if anyone knows of a converter that can convert the .dat into audio files?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:03 pm 

Still need help with this, if anyone can help me out thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

Apparently there is some "data" before the PS adpcm data in each file and I don't know how to skip it and every extracted file contain multiple adpcm tracks.
It's possible to do the job by hand, at least finding where the main adpcm data starts but I don't think I'm the best person to help with audio data.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:48 am 

Thanks for trying! I am way out of my league here lol So, unless someone on here can save me, I think I'm dead in the water.